HF Bar Ranch Vacation for 2
Supports: Los Angeles Press Club (Los Angeles, CA)
Item Number: 106
5 Nights, 4 Days for 2 at a Famous Dude Ranch
The HF Bar Ranch is located in Johnson County, Wyoming about 20 miles (32 km) northwest of Buffalo, Wyoming in the foothills of the Bighorn Mountains in Saddlestring. The ranch is a working cattle ranch comprising about 36 buildings. Built between 1898 and 1921.
Each Rustic & Cozy Cabin Provides:
- A mountain view or is located at creek side.
- A roomy outdoor porch.
- A living room, most with wood-burning fireplaces.
- An electric kettle with our signature HF Bar ground blend of fair trade coffee to be prepared in a French press pot. There is a fine selection of teas and hot cocoa for your morning and afternoon and evening pleasure.
- An old-fashioned icebox that a horse-drawn wagon delivers ice to each day.
- Comfortable King and Twin Beds made of locally grown pine logs.
- One to three full bathrooms.
- Your bed is turned down each night and cozy electric bed warmers assure you a good night’s sleep.
HF Bar is a magical place that people return to year after year. It’s one of the oldest and successful dude ranches in the country:
Riding: Choose the right mount from a herd of over 220 saddle horses
Fishing: Fly fishing for wild trout along a 15-mile stretch of Rock Creek
Shooting: Acclaimed shooting facilities
Dining: Rustic gourmet foods prepared by world-class chefs
- $295 person/night
- $265 ages 5 to 12 – person/night
- No charge for children 4 and under
- $147.50 (1/2 nightly rate) Activities for nannies are limited
- 18% staff gratuity and 7 % state lodging tax
- Cabin accommodations
- All meals
- Horseback riding (up to two times per day)
- Exclusive fly-fishing access (self-guided) on the 10 miles of the North and South Fork of Rock Creek. Wyoming fishing licenses required
- Daily housekeeping and evening turndown service
- All Kids’ Program activities (except for charges for materials used in tie dying, jewelry making, etc.)
- Daily ice and firewood delivery to your cabin
- Complimentary cocktails each evening before dinner on the Ranch House
- Dances, ranch rodeos, hayrides, and more
- Free WIFI internet service located in our Ranch Office and Ranch House areas
- Complimentary airport transfers to and from Sheridan Airport
- Snacks in the Ranch House in the evenings such as ice cream cones, cereal and treats left by the baker and chef (Sorry, no cooking by guests allowed in Ranch House)
- Massages $70.00/hour
- Wine, beer and other alcoholic beverages, and items from the Ranch Store
- Guided Fishing and Shooting excursions
- $50 per day extra for Pack Trips to our “Mountain Camp” at Willow Park
- Some activities like tie dying and jewelry making
- When available, Ranch cars can be rented for a flat rate of $50.00 per day for trips to Sheridan or Buffalo
- Longer trips have a higher charge plus mileage
- The Ranch Espresso Cafe offers hot espresso drinks and smoothies for which there is a charge
- Babysitting $10.00/hr plus $1.00 extra for each additional child
- Some off-Ranch excursions where there is an entry fee or long distance involved.
There’s always something fun going on at the Ranch!