Historic Hotel and Tours of Gettysburg, PA
Item Number: 127
- Time Remaining:
- Online Close:
- Jul 16, 2012 11:00 PM EDT
- Bid History:
- 5 Bids
Celebrate the 150th anniversary of the American Civil War with a visit to historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, site of the war's bloodiest battle and the backdrop for President Abraham Lincoln famous address. This history tour package includes:
- Two nights lodging at the historic Hotel Gettysburg overlooking the 19th century downtown square, and across the street from the Wills House where President Lincoln put the finishing touches on his address.
- Tickets to the new $135 million National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center which includes a 20 minute film narrated by Morgan Freeman that illustrates the magnitude and relevance of the Battle of Gettysburg; the meticulously restored 360-degree 1884 cyclorama oil painting (measuring 377 feet around and 42 feet high) depicting “Pickett’s Charge;” and the Museum of the American Civil War with 12 exhibit galleries featuring the rare artifacts, interactive exhibits, hands-on displays, and multi-media shows.
- One hour private tour of the 1925 Majestic Theater, and proud LHAT member, conducted by its founding executive director, Jeffrey Gabel.
- Two film tickets to the Majestic nightly fine arts cinema.
- Lunch at Flats, a restaurant at the Majestic Theater that features salads, pizzas, and hot and cold sandwiches on homemade made flat breads.
NOTE: Certificate is valid through 12/31/12. Subject to hotel availability and not valid during special event weekends or holidays.
Majestic Theatre photo: Don Pearse Photography
Additional photos courtesy Gettysburg National Military Park