Glacier For the Whole Family
- Item Number
- Estimated Value
- Opening Bid
This is a must-have package for a family planning a trip to Glacier National Park or wanting to learn more about its rugged mountains, spectacular views, and diverse wildlife.
- 2 Adult T-Shirts Great Northern Railway and Glacier National Park (large and Xlarge)
- 1 Junior Ranger T-Shirt (youth medium)
- 2 Travel Mugs
- 1 Hiking Medallion
- 1 Deck Glacier Playing Cards
- 1 Glacier Medallion
- 1 Bookbag-recycled cotton
- 1 Plush Mountain Goat
- 1 Plush Black Bear
The package also includes the following 12 books:
Glacier National Park, The First 100 Years (signed and numbered limited edition)- Celebrating the park's 100th anniversary, this book features more than 200 exquisite landscape and historical photographs, as well as some of the finest artwork of the region and its people, including Charles M. Russell's sun-splashed paintings of Montana scenes, Winold Reiss's extraordinary portraits of the Blackfeet, Monte Dolack's vivid Glacier views, and Mel Ruder's Pulitzer Prize winning photographs.
Glacier Babies - This board book introduces young children to the adorable wild babies of Glacier National Park. Rhyming text accompanies the beautiful color photographs by respected wildlife photographers Wendy Shattil and Bob Rozinski.
- Born Wild in Glacier National Park-Springtime in Glacier National Park is where the wild things are - baby wild things! This charming book of candid and sometimes comical images by wildlife photographer Donald M. Jones, one of the nations' most respected wildlife photographers, is devoted entirely to the park's junior residents.
- Going to Glacier National Park - This book is packed with fun and fascinating information about Glacier National Park, including its glaciers, wildlife, trees, and wildflowers. It offers interesting details on dramatic weather, Indians and early settlers, historic sites and structures, and the effects of fire. The book also features maps and interpretive information for hikes the kids will love.
- All Aboard: The Great Northern Railway and Glacier National Park - Glacier National Park and the Great Northern Railway became synonymous in the early 20th century. Original photographs, posters, menus, postcards, and other rare materials support this fascinating pictorial history of the creation and promotion of the park by Great Northern as railroad barons raced west and competed for precious territory to expand their empires.
- Glacier Country - An introduction to one of America’s most remarkable national parks. A blend of words and photos bring Glacier National Park’s landscape, colorful past, and natural diversity into view. Some of the West's top photographers have captured images for this publication.
- Glacier's Historic Hotels and Chalets: View with a Room - This unique book tells the fascinating stories of Great Northern Railway's hotels and chalet colonies in Glacier National Park, as well as the Prince of Wales Hotel in Waterton Lakes National Park. Enjoy anecdotes, inside correspondence, and park and corporate lore.
- Glacier Impressions - Few people get to see Montana’s remote Glacier National Park in its distinct four seasons the way these experienced landscape photographers have captured it for this book. Beautiful color photography.
- Mountain Goats of Glacier National Park - Award-winning photographer Sumio Harada treks to the far reaches of Glacier National Park to document its iconic wild animal, the mountain goat. Biologist and writer Kathleen Yale lends her sensitive and insightful writing to the book, detailing the fascinating behaviors of these unique animals, from the bliss of spring to the challenges of winter.
- Going-to-the-Sun Road - Laborers toiled for nearly 20 years to complete the 50-mile road that winds an impossible route through the heart of Glacier. C. W. Guthrie tells the intriguing tale of the history and the construction of the epic Going-to-the-Sun Road.
- Glacier Day Hikes - This excellent guide describes 34 hikes from easy to difficult, one hour to a full day in Glacier National Park. Each hike includes an easy-to-read map, a color photograph, trail directions, trail tips, and sites along the trail. A great way to get the most from a visit to Glacier National Park!
- Glacier Panorama - Forty stunning panoramic photographs portray the heights and depths of Glacier National Park as never before in print photography. Close-ups create intimate views that only the hardiest hikers enjoy in person.
The Glacier Association helps to support Glacier National Park's educational, interpretive, cultural and scientific programming needs with aid generated by sales at bookstores in visitor centers and ranger stations throughout the Park, as well as webstore sales.
Farcountry Press specializes in softcover and hardcover color photography books showcasing the nation's cities, states, national parks, and wildlife. Farcountry also publishes several children’s series, as well as guidebooks, cookbooks, and regional history titles nationwide.
After the auction closes the winning bidder will be contacted by Glacier Association to confirm mailing information. All items will be shipped together to one address in the United States.