1 month unlimited membership
About Sumits Yoga...
Sumits Yoga was created by Sumit Banerjee based on his own years of experience practicing and teaching various yoga styles. The yoga class sequence is designed for all levels beginner through advanced and reinforces his primary objectives as a teacher: helping others to realize the powerful wellness benefits of yoga including a stronger, toned and more flexible body and an improved state of mind encouraging relaxation, self-acceptance and awareness.
North Scottsdale / McDowell Mountain Studio
14676 N. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.
Suite 127 Scottsdale, AZ 85260
We are located in the Safeway Center at Frank Lloyd Wright & Thompson Peak Parkway
Phone: 480.767.YOGA (9642)
20329 N. 59th Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85308
Located in the Albertsons Center
N.E. Corner of 59th Ave & Loop 101
Welcome! Whatever your age, condition or background, Sumits Yoga is a yoga practice for you. Designed for all levels from beginner through advanced, Sumits Yoga is a balanced and complete mind-body-spirit practice that develops strength, flexibility, focused awareness and overall wellbeing.
Come prepared to move and breathe, sweat and enjoy!
- Please arrive 15 minutes before scheduled start time to register. Discuss any injuries or health issues with your teacher before class.
- Wear something you are comfortable sweating in. Breathable fabric is most desirable.
- Come to class fully hydrated. Ensure you drink plenty of water throughout the day so that you are prepared. Bring a large bottle of water with you to class or purchase chilled water at the studio.
- Come to class on an empty stomach. Most people find they need to leave at least 3 hours between their last meal and the class.
- Yoga mats and large towels are required in the studio. Please bring your own or purchase at the studio.
- Stay in the studio during class. Feel free to sit or lay down if you feel dizzy or nauseous. As you build the ability to focus your mind and still your body, the struggle will disappear.
- If you need to leave class early, please let the teacher know before class begins, and do not leave before savasana (resting pose) begins to avoid disturbing other students. Remember that savasana is a crucial element of yoga class — and it does not take more than a few minutes.
- Yoga is a practice as well as a life long process. It is not about doing the postures perfectly. As long as you give your best effort, you will receive the same therapeutic benefit as someone who has practiced for years and obtained a high level of flexibility, strength and balance.
- We recommend practicing 4-5 times per week to obtain the maximum benefits. Of course, you will receive the same benefits with a reduced practice—just in a longer time.
- You might feel very tired after class. This is absolutely normal and a good sign that your body is cleansing. Your energy levels should be restored to normal within several classes.
- You might find yourself feeling extremely energetic and experience difficulty sleeping. Don't worry--this is a good sign that the yoga is truly filling you up with energy. You don't have insomnia. You just have more time to do the things you enjoy.
- You might feel sore or stiff the day after your first class. Come back to class as soon as possible! Your body is waking up and coming alive and you want to keep the process going!
- You might feel nauseous, dizzy or have a headache after class. This could be a sign that you are dehydrated. Please drink lots of water before returning to class. Or it could be a sign that you were trying so hard that you weren't breathing normally. Please breathe normally during every posture.
- You might experience some skin irritation. This too is normal, it means that the skin is releasing toxins. Showering directly after class will wash the toxins away. It will also help normalize the body temperature.
- You might feel very hungry after class for a while, or you might lose your appetite completely. Both reactions are normal. If you are concerned about your weight, don't worry too much either way. Once you get into a regular practice pattern, your appetite and your weight will normalize. You'll find yourself feeling and looking leaner and younger.