One Week of Bliss!
Three bedroom, three bathroom, private, oceanfront house on Vieques Island. Ideal for two families with children. La Joya del Mar sits on a bluff overlooking the ocean.
Four generous verandas for sunning, reading, and playing provide sweeping views of the Atlantic, Culebra, and Puerto Rico. The entire compound is walled allowing for complete privacy, however, a neighbor’s chicken may wander in for a visit now and then.
- large kitchen with a full complement of cooking equipment, blender, toaster, microwave, and coffee maker
- laundry room off the kitchen with a washer and dryer
- one bathroom with shower
- an outdoor shower off of the laundry room
- linens, beach towels, and bath towels provided
- bedroom set up like a dormitory with 2 twin beds and 1 double bed
- living room has two couches that can also be used as twin beds
- oceanview from both the living room and the bedroom large picture windows
- two bedroom suites, both with queen beds, reading lights, and full baths with showers and tubs
- all rooms have ceiling fans
- attached to the main house by a sweeping veranda
This house takes full advantage of its location-there is always a balmy breeze and the views from every room are spectacular. The grounds are lush with palms, almond trees, papaya and flowering hibiscus and bougainvillea.
New York Magazine called Vieques “the hippest island in the Carribean” and Vogue said that the island is “easily accessible yet amazingly remote and little known but for its wild horses and deserted beaches.
Rental weeks subject to availability. Does not include minimum housekeeping charge of $250.
There is no TV or stereo.
A small island (10,000 pop,) off the eastern coast of Puerto Rico, Vieques is a place where wild horses still roam the streets and many of the almost 100 beaches are virtually deserted even in the height of the season. In this laid back paradise, you will find a handful of ocean front restaurants serving simple dishes and perfect pina coladas. There are open-air bars scattered throughout the island’s two villages.