The STEM Council at Skillpoint Alliance is proud to announce the 1st annual FLL summer camp taking place this July. Using the Green City Challenge, campers aged 9-14 will explore the exciting field of engineering by designing, building, and programming their very own robots! Additionally, campers will develop their research and presentation skills by investigating sustainable energy solutions and delivering their results to an audience. Students will enjoy learning these career skills at Silicon Labs, an internationally-known engineering firm based in Austin. Campers are invited to bring their own laptop with MINDSTORMS® and their own NXT® kit if they would like to take their robot and programming work home with them at the end of camp.
Campers will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and practice their software engineering skills on MINDSTORMS® drag-and-drop graphical programming software, the only official programming software of FIRST® LEGO® League
- Develop mechanical and electrical engineering skills as they design and build their own robots to perform missions on the Green City Challenge Mat
- Participate in off-site field trips to engineering or green tech partners
- Get feedback from Silicon Labs Engineers on their projects
- Investigate and develop a recommendation for how to implement renewable energies
- Participate in a Robotics Showcase Event on either July 21 or August 4 at the Microsoft Store in The Domain where parents will be invited to celebrate their camper’s hard work by watching them deliver their project presentation and demo their robot!
This item is good for either of the sessions happening this summer. Each session is two weeks long.
All required equipment will be provided at the camp.
Visit http://centraltxfirst.org/greencity to learn more abou the camp and to see when the sessions begin.