Come join the RoughRiders and Coach Mark Carlson for an exciting game on the ice - this package includes 2 green zone tickets for a non-Saturday RoughRiders home game during the 2012-13 regular season or play-offs.
Hockey is exciting and action packed! And the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders are among the best!
The United States Hockey League today announced that Cedar Rapids RoughRiders Head Coach and General Manger Mark Carlson has been named the 2010-11 USHL Coach of the Year, as determined by a vote of the League’s coaches and general managers.
Carlson led the RoughRiders to a historic season as they finished with the USHL’s best regular season record of 42-12-6 (90 points) on the way to capturing the second Anderson Cup title for the organization. The 42 victories equaled the team’s 2004-05 Anderson Cup win total, and the 90 points in the standings established a new record for the RoughRiders. Their 12 losses were the fewest in a USHL season for the team.The Riders arrived from Mason City in 1999 after having previously operated as the North Iowa Huskies. The Riders spent the first half of the 1999-2000 season on the road while awaiting the completion of construction on the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena.
The RoughRiders have been among the most successful teams in the USHL since the team's inception:
- The Riders have enjoyed eight straight winning seasons and have qualified for the USHL Clark Cup playoffs each of the last eight years.
- The Riders have advanced at least as far as the second round of the Clark Cup playoffs six of the last eight years.
- The Riders won both the Clark Cup (playoff) title and Anderson Cup (regular season) title in 2004-05.
- The Riders have twice won the East Division championship.
- Better than 110 RoughRiders have gone on to play college and/or professional hockey. 15 past or current Riders have been selected in the National Hockey League draft; three Rider alumni- Dave Moss (Calgary), Ted Purcell (Los Angeles) and Justin Abdelkader (Detroit)- have skated in the NHL.