Up to HALF off Camp Sangamon for Boys in August (Vermont)
- Item Number
- Estimated Value
- Opening Bid
For you procrastinating families who haven't made plans yet for summer, this is an incredible deal for an incredible boys camp in Vermont this summer!
Voucher for reduction in tuition for a two or three week session at Camp Sangamon for Boys in Vermont:
Three Week Session normal cost: $3125 (BAX Auction Winner Price $1567) A $1567 reduction!
Two Week Session normal cost: $2090 (BAX Auction Winner Price $1567) A $523 reduction!
The camp is located on a small lake in the hills outside of Rutland, Vermont. Sangamon was founded in 1922, and we’ve based our many years of success on one fundamental philosophical difference from other camps. While most camps operate on the premise that adults should generally make decisions for children, we believe in the opposite premise - that camp is a perfect setting to give children the chance to make their own decisions.
The Sangamon ART Experience: a really different boy’s camp in Vermont
A place where artists are celebrated more than athletes!
- Half the boys are in arts or craft studios every period.
All-elective program! Every period of every day, -
- EVERY boy at Sangamon has chosen to be where he is.
No set schedule
– each day can be different from every other day.
Experienced, International, co-ed staff.
90 campers, 45 staff, 20 Internationals, 40 returning staff from previous years, Median age is 23 yrs, 12 women.
Great Role Models!
-Male art and craft instructors in Pottery, Weaving, Woodshop, Photography
15 Different activities, including a major art and craft program, separate studios in that arts for:
- Photography, black and white darkroom skills
- Arts and Crafts, painting drawing, sculpture, fun crafts – Real Art and craft - no popsicle sticks or egg carton projects (!)
- Woodshop – an entire barn full of power and hand tools and five instructors – design and build your own projects
- Pottery – seven potter’s wheels and skilled instruction
- Weaving – eight floor looms and a skilled 9-year returning Ecuadorian professional weaver to teach
- Rocketry –well – it’s not art, but it’s fun craft, anyway. Rockets built from kits or from “scratch” and launched 1500 feet into the air, with parachutes to get them back down.
Individual sports: Mountain Biking, Archery, Kayaking, canoeing, Tennis, horseback riding, hiking, sailing, Team sports,(always optional): Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, Dodgeball, Basketball
Winner responsible for the balance of tuition.
Financial assistance is available for families making $60,000 or under.