Receive The Misleading Mind: How We Create Our Own Problems and How Buddhist Psychology Can Help Us Solve Them as well as a $25 gift card for the book or books of your choice from New World Library.
Buddhism asserts that we each have the potential to free ourselves from the prison of our problems. As practiced for more than twenty-six hundred years, the process involves working with, rather than against, our depression, anxiety, and compulsions. We do this by recognizing the habitual ways our minds perceive and react — the way they mislead. The lively exercises and inspiring real-world examples Cayton provides in The Misleading Mind can help you transform intractable problems and neutralize suffering by cultivating a radically liberating self-understanding.
As well you'll be able to choose from among New World's diverse catalog of titles including:
- Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We're in Without Going Crazy
- Eckhart Tolle and illustrator Patrick McDonnell's childrens' picture book Guardians of Being
- Sit Down and Shut Up: Punk Rock Commentaries on Buddha, God, Truth, Sex, Death, and Dogen's Treasury of the Right Dharma Eye from Brad Warner
- Hand Wash Cold from Karen Maezen Miller
- Less: Accomplishing More by Doing Less from Marc Lesser
- Stan Goldberg's Leaning into the Sharp Points:Practical Guidance and Nurturing Support for Caregivers
- The Practicing Mind: Developing Focus and Discipline in Your Life by Thomas Sterner
- Living Fully: Finding Joy in Every Breath by Shyalpa Tenzin Rinpoche
New World Library is celebrating its 35th anniversary in 2012. Its success as a company is attributable to the continuing strong performance of Eckhart Tolle’s books The Power of Now, Practicing the Power of Now, and Stillness Speaks, with more than 3 million, 400,000, and 300,000 copies sold respectively. In 2001, New World Library worked with the Joseph Campbell Foundation to introduce the Collected Works of Joseph Campbell series. By the end of 2010, there will be thirteen books in this series. The revised edition of The Hero With a Thousand Faces, published in 2008, has already sold nearly 60,000 copies.
All prices $USD
Cost of shipping not included in bid price.