Luxury & Beauty
Officine Panerai pays tribute to Miami with three Special Edition watches, sold exclusively in the Panerai boutique located in Bal Harbour Shops. All the watches are personalised with the same engraving on the case back, showing palm trees standing out against the Floridian sky.
The first Special Edition dedicated to Miami (PAM00468), of which 100 units have been made, is a Luminor Marina – 44 mm with a case in polished steel and the bridge protecting the crown in brushed steel. The watch has a classic Panerai black dial, with its elegantly simple alternation of hour makers and figures coated with a special ecru Super-LumiNova®; the decoration consists simply of the words “Luminor Marina” and “Panerai” with a picture of a slow-speed torpedo, the vessel on which the frogmen of the Royal Italian Navy carried out their historic missions in the 1940s wearing the first Panerai watches on their wrists. The hour and minute hands, like the small seconds hand at 9 o’clock, are coated with the same luminous substance, thus combining maximum visibility with a vintage look, which is also pointed up by the strap of antiqued leather. The movement is the hand-wound calibre OP II.
LUMINOR MARINA - 44 MM
- Movement: Hand-wound mechanical, exclusive Panerai OP II calibre, 16½ lignes, 17 jewels, Glucydur® balance, 21,600 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 56 hours. It is tested and certified by C.O.S.C.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds.
- Case: Diameter 44 mm, AISI 316L polished steel.
- Bezel: Polished steel.
- Back: Screw, steel. Personalised with an engraved image.
- Device protecting the crown: (protected as a trademark) Brushed steel.
- Dial: Black with luminous Arabic numerals and hour markers. Seconds at 9 o’ clock.
- Crystal: Sapphire, formed of corundum, 3.5 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating.
- Water-resistance: 30 bar (~300 metres).
- Bracelet: PANERAI personalised leather strap and large-size polished steel buckle. Supplied with a second interchangeable strap and a steel screwdriver.
***Panerai will be present at the Dolce Brunch Hosted by Daniel Boulud as part of the 2013 Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival!***