If you thrive in the fast paced, high energy and creative atmosphere that defines a start up environment, we want to hear from you.
Located in Cambridge, next to the Alewife MBTA station, BiddingForGood is the leading provider of online auction services for non- profit organizations. Our technology provides charities with the resources they need to raise more money, reach a larger population of donors and expand their community of supporters through fun and engaging online auctions.
Our positions include competitive sick/vacation/holiday package, equity, health, dental, long-term disability, life insurance and 401k plan. Sponsorship and/or relocation assistance is not available.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements when applying for a position to email@example.com. Email response only. Due to the expected high volume of interest, BiddingForGood will only respond to candidates selected for further consideration. BiddingForGood, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
We are seeking ambitious, focused and dynamic individuals for the following positions:
Outbound Sales Representative
Do you want to make a difference in the world? Do you want to be part of one of the fastest growing Internet companies in the Boston area? Do you want to help create a service that has helped charities and schools raise over $200 Million for their worthy causes?
BiddingForGood, a rapidly growing online fundraising auction service to the charitable fundraising industry seeks an intelligent, motivated and driven individual to join our sales team as an Outbound Sales Representative. This position is for the ambitious, motivated professional early in their sales career who is seeking experience with a rapidly growing, venture capital-backed startup (Tier I investors and senior mgmt team with over $200 million in prior wins). This role is appropriate for a self motivated overachiever, who is smart, learns quickly, is confident and tenacious and who will not hesitate to prove him/herself.
This key member of our sales team, will report to the Sales Director and will be responsible for selling our proprietary fundraising service nationwide in an outbound sales capacity. You will work to qualify prospects and sales opportunities. The successful candidate will be responsible for making a high volume of outbound calls to prospects every day and for keeping thorough, detailed records of customer interactions.
The culture here is upbeat and progressive, but it is also demanding. We have a big opportunity and we intend to take it. But we also know how to laugh and enjoy the ride. This is truly a fun place to work for dedicated and motivated individuals.
Proof of achievement in this position will be based on exceeding sales projections, booking “good” and profitable business, and providing a high-satisfaction experience to prospects and customers. The successful candidate will need to be an extremely good communicator, creative, and sharply focused on execution. The successful candidate must also be able to devote the time and effort required to accomplish the goals of the position. BiddingForGood fosters a rewarding, fast-paced, environment.
- Targeted cold calling (approx 75 calls/day)
- Lead qualifying from lead pool with goal of setting up 1-2 appts/day
- Provide feedback to analysts on what lists are working and why
- Overcome objections and match needs with our service capabilities
- Ensure communication of approved value proposition and focus on ROI selling
- Implement consistent process, CRM usage and messaging
- Close business
- Demonstrate effective time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- High degree of motivation and drive to succeed. Strong initiative and a desire to be an overachiever
- Positive attitude
- Very strong verbal and written communication/phone skills. Ability to develop rapport
- Strong execution and organizational skills – ability to juggle lots of balls and translate efforts into results
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment where speed is key and resources are scarce
- Excellent problem solving capability
- Able to work the sometimes long hours a venture capital backed company requires
- Resilient, able to move forward despite "hiccups"
- Ability to work well as an individual, as well as a team player
- Track record of achieving superior results
- Experience with SalesForce strongly preferred
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with nonprofit development fundraising and/or experience as a non-profit volunteer
- Event Experience. Experience with auctions or online auctions a plus