BiddingForGood Launches Smart Bidding To Amplify Fundraising Auctions
Innovative market leader employs mobile technology for fundraisers
Cambridge, MA. April 11, 2012 - BiddingForGood, the leading charitable e-commerce platform connecting consumers and marketers to thousands of nonprofit and school auctions, today launched its Smart Bidding™ technology - the only all-in-one auction platform that harnesses the power of Internet and mobile technology. Smart Bidding promises to help nonprofits, businesses and consumers amplify the bidding experience and, ultimately, the outcomes of auctions.
In addition to Internet bidding, with Smart Bidding, bidders can use their mobile devices to participate in nonprofit auctions before, during and after events and galas. This allows fundraisers to remove the inefficiencies associated with the old-fashioned silent auction and improve their bottom line.
BiddingForGood, which has raised $160 million since 2003 ($50 million in the last 18 months alone) for nonprofits and schools, developed the Smart Bidding Technology to bring traditional silent auctions into the 21st century. By replacing clipboards with mobile devices, including smart phones and tablets, this revolutionary platform allows fundraisers to extend their fundraising from before their gala, through the event, and even after.
Sotheby's doesn't hold an auction in the middle of a cocktail party for a very good reason; there are just too many distractions. Enabling mobile technology at fundraising auctions helps to minimize these very distractions while allowing guests to enjoy the event. "We believe that nonprofits and charities deserve to have the best technology available to them," said Jon Carson, CEO of BiddingForGood. "Clients are thrilled to have something new to bring to their fundraising, bidders are excited to be able to bid on items from outside the room, and the best news of all is that nonprofits are raising more money."
The pilot launch partners of the Smart Bidding technology experienced a 41-percent increase in the number of bidders, on average. Specific results from pilot partners include:
- Girls in the Game, which provides and promotes sports and fitness opportunities, nutrition and health education, and leadership development to enhance the overall health and well-being of girls, saw a 50 percent increase in its fundraising;
- The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, which is the national leader in providing specialized support for young adults affected by cancer, saw a 17 percent increase in its fundraising; and
- Disney II Educational Foundation, which preserves and promotes the quality of education and the learning environment at Disney II Magnet School in Chicago saw an increase of 20 percent in its fundraising.
"Through using BiddingForGood, we were able to spread the word for guests to check out the auction before the event and we raised 50 percent more than our typical silent auction average," said Katie Darr from Girls in the Game. "We are sold on BiddingForGood's solution and can't wait to find ways to increase our revenue at next year's event."
Some additional features of the Smart Bidding platform that help drive up the price of auction items and increase results for the fundraiser include:
- Allowing for remote bidding anywhere at any time (including outside the event venue);
- Delivery of alerts to users when they have been outbid;
- "Proxy bidding," which allows the system bid on the behalf of users so they can enjoy the party; and
- Access to 275K+ cause-minded shoppers in BiddingForGood's Bidder Community
"It's not as if the horse and buggy didn't work; it did, but something better came along. We're saying the same thing here," said Carson. "Our technology enables nonprofit and school fundraisers to increase their outcomes and have a much better overall experience."
BiddingForGood is a charitable e-commerce company that connects fundraisers, shoppers and businesses. Online auctions powered by BiddingForGood have generated over $160 million for nonprofit organizations and schools. Many of the top private and public schools and nonprofits in the country use the BiddingForGood platform. The 330,000+ shoppers in our Bidder Community are buying unique and valuable items across our many auctions - all to support the important organizations and causes they care about. Businesses are unlocking new sources of value while managing their philanthropic outreach and impact, and are discovering unique, powerful ways to reach new customers within our community.