Online Auction Rules
1. Have fun and enjoy these exciting items!
2. Purchases are expected to be settled with Bidding for Good on behalf of Oaks Christian School upon the closing of the online auction.
3. We expect you to pick up your winning merchandise beginning Monday, March 26. Please let us know if you need to make other arrangements. The winning bidder is responsible for any and all arrangements that need to be made in order for your item to be removed from the school premises (i.e., delivery services, etc.).
4. Should you require us to ship your winning item(s); you agree that you will pay for the additional shipping cost incurred. OCS will not ship items until payment for shipping is made and settled. Should you choose not to pay for the shipping of the items, you agree to make arrangements to have the item picked up from OCS no later than April 20.
5. Should any winning bidder fail to pick up his or her item(s) by April 20, you are granting OCS permission to resell your item at a later date and you agree that you have forfeited your money and the items.
6. All bids are final and are considered obligations to pay. No refunds will be made.
7. Please pay careful attention to dates, availability and other restrictions on the items.
8. Oaks Christian School has tried to make a good faith estimate as to the value of each item. In the case of purchases above the fair-market value, only that portion is tax deductible. If there are any questions about the tax deductibility of items purchased, the purchaser should consult his or her tax advisors.
9. Please be advised, the tax rate of 8.75 percent will be added to merchandise packages, but does not apply to gift certificates or services.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The auctioned items are sold “as is.” Oaks Christian School makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, concerning the use and safety of the goods and services sold, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The buyer bears the entire risk of the quality, performance, and safety of the donated items. Oaks Christian School has not tested or inspected the goods and services for their quality and safety. Some of the activities are generally considered “high risk.” The purchaser shall consider this and assume all risks upon purchase and upon engaging in the activities. Oaks Christian School shall not be responsible for any injuries or damages that result from buyer’s use of the auctioned items or services or from participation in services or activities purchased. Please Note: Participation in the Oaks Christian School 2012 Gala Dinner Auction constitutes a waiver of any and all claims against Oaks Christian School, its employees, agents, and representatives for any damage, loss, or injury resulting from or connected with the use or receipt of any item or service auctioned.
The amount of any contribution that is tax deductible is limited to the excess of the amount paid over the fair-market value of goods or services you received in exchange. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, the IRS generally considers the amount paid for an auctioned item to be its fair-market value. The above listed values are estimations by the item donor, for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect the fair-market value of the item at the time of sale. Please consult your tax advisor for further advice and retain all documents related to your purchase(s) as your receipts for tax purposes.