The USC Volunteer Center is getting ready to run an online auction fundraiser!
Starting on November 23, 2012, the University of Southern California's Volunteer Center will be auctioning off a number of fun and unique items to bid on to raise money for our organization - and the more items we have the more money we can raise, so we're asking for your help! All proceeds will help establish a scholarship fund for the Alternative Breaks program.
Show your support by completing one (or both!) of the following tasks:
1. Donate an Item
Simply click on the "Donate Items" button located on the left-hand column to contribute to our catalog.
Give a little and get a lot in return.
Whether you have 1 item or 100 to contribute, your participation is an invaluable part of our fundraising efforts. By donating an item or service directly online, you'll be helping to raise money for our organization, and you'll receive a mention on our site that can link back to your own web page.
2. Become a Sponsor
Simply click on the "Become A Sponsor" icon at the bottom of the page. Placing your company's logo on our site will link back to your own web page and expand your business. We can track how often your logo is viewed and clicked to see just how many people are accessing your site.
Learn more about the Volunteer Center's Alternative Breaks program
The Alternative Breaks program plays a significant role in the Volunteer Center as it cultivates a unique opportunity for students, staff and faculty to engage in service learning and volunteerism in communities both domestically and internationally. The programs delve into some of the most pressing issues facing our generation today.
- Baltimore, MD - Healthcare
- Guyan Valley, WV - Poverty
- Mojave Desert, CA - Eco-Tourism & Cultural Preservation
- Mystery Location - Teach for America
- Navajo Nation, AZ - Cultural Preservation
- Orcas Island, WA - Environmental Conservation
- Salinas, CA- Homelessness & Hunger
- San Francisco, CA - Juvenile Justice Reform
- Chiang Mai, Thailand - Children & Education
- Rajasthan, India - Microfinance, Children & Education
- Usulutan, El Salvador - Social Entrepreneurship
- Isla Mujeres, Mexico - Eco-Tourism & Cultural Preservation
- Retalhuleu, Guatemala - Children & Education