Guide Dogs of America is getting ready to run our online auction!
Construction continues so our Annual Silent Auction will be online for 2015...
Work on our new Visitor and Education Center continues. This building will be our hospitality center and will serve our students while they are in residence with us during their training. Construction of the building has resulted in a large part of the facility being torn up.
We're not going to let construction stop the fun of our Annual Silent Auction...
It just means the auction will happen right here online again this year! We'll be open for bidding on June 4th and you'll have until June 14th to place your winning bid.
Right now we are busy collecting donations for the auction...
The more goodies we have the more money we can raise. And, we're asking for your help. Show your support by clicking on the "Donate Items" button to contribute to our catalog. Here are some ideas for the kind of things we are looking for:
- Gift cards of any type: Restaurants, shops, pet stores, movie theaters, etc., etc.
- Jewelry: For women and for men.
- Sports tickets: If you have season tickets – or know someone who does – please consider donating a few.
- Hollywood Bowl tickets: Again, if you or anyone you know has season Bowl tickets – especially nice box seats for four – we would love these because they are great sellers!
- Entertainment tickets: Disney, Legoland, Seaworld, etc.
- Tours to interesting places: Wine tasting, etc.
- Travel: This is a huge category... hotel stays at a nice resort area would be greatly appreciated. If a hotel is local, that would work well too as a "Happy Anniversary" weekend away from the kids.
- Condominiums and vacation homes: Some of you have graciously offered your condos and homes to us in the past and we hope we will hear from you again. If you know anyone who has a nice place that would be willing to donate a week-long stay – or a long weekend as well – we would absolutely love to hear from them.
- Any of the items on our Amazon.com Wishlist
Whether you have 1 item or 100 to contribute, your participation is an invaluable part of our fundraising efforts. By donating an item or service, you'll be providing mobility and independence to visually impaired men and women from across the United States and Canada.
And, please let your friends and family know...
Spread the word. The more items we offer the more successful our fundraiser will be. Click on the "Refer Friends" button to give others the chance to get involved.
Guide Dogs of America thanks you in advance for your donations and your participation.
Words of Gratitude from Our Graduates
I would like to say thank you to the donors, volunteers, sponsors and, of course, puppy raisers who made it possible for me to honestly have a normal and productive life. In a world that can be so dark at times, you made a light at the end of the path. Thank you. — Mary Reifowitz
How can you thank people who have given your eyesight and your independence back? I thank you and thank God for you and your sacrifice. — John Faitro
My guide dog Da Vinci has made my life of independence a reality again. Only by the help of all those involved with GDA could this have happened and, for that, I will be forever grateful. — Lecretia (Cricket) Patin
I am ever so thankful to all those who go the extra mile to contribute their money, time, skills, patience and love to provide marvelous guide dogs such as my Sadie. She allows me great mobility and a lot of laughs. Hats off to all of you! — Donna Matthews