What is the HSMAI Foundation?
The Foundation was established in 1983 to serve as the research and educational arm of HSMAI. Its mission is to provide opportunities to support and grow the sales and marketing profession, including the awarding of over $10,000 in educational scholarships annually and the publication and distribution of educational materials such as the recently published “The Traveler Marketer’s Guide to Social Media and Social Networks” and “Demystifying Distribution 2.0”.
General Terms and Conditions
Specific terms and conditions apply to each item and are listed in the auction item description. Below are general rules
- All tickets/pacakges are valid for (1) one year from date of event (unless stated otherwise), subject to availability
- Certificates have no cash value
- Awards are subject to blackout dates
- Certificates issued through "Getaways for Good" cannot be exchanged for cash, credit, may not be used with any other offer, promotion or discount, and cannot be combined with cash to obtain awards
- This program is void where prohibited or restricted by law
- Participant is responsible for any federal, state, or local income or other taxes, gratuities, if applicable.
- Participant agrees to hold "Getaways for Good" and HSMAI Foundation harmless if a vendor files for bankruptcy or otherwise goes out of business, after an award is purched from the auction.
- All travel awards are subject to the rules and restrictions imposed by the individual travel companies, airlines, hotels and attractions. Compliance with these rules is the responsibility of the Participant.
- Airline ticket travel awares are not refundable nor may they be returned to the HSMAI Foundation for a refund of the amount paid. They are non-changeable unless permitted by the airline issueing the ticket. Fees that apply due to permitted changes by the airline are the responsibility of the traveler. En-route stopovers are not permitted unless they are to make direct connections within the carrier's rules. Air travel must be all on the same airline. Minimum or maximum stays required by the carrier may apply
- Issuance of some travel certificates does not constitute a reservation. In such cases the certificate holder is responsible for making all reservations with the company that issues the certificate
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information in the program communications is accurate. The HSMAI Foundation is not responsible for errors or omissions and reserves the right to correct such errors at any time, even if it affects a pending award redemption order.
- Certain restrictions may apply to travel certificates, tickets or documents. Travel certificates, tickets and documents are not exchangeable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- All travel certificates, tickets and documents will be mailed Priority Mail with a delivery confirmation and will not be replaceable in the event of loss, destruction or theft. Award winner may request travel certificates, tickets, and documents to be delivered by overnight carrier and agrees to pay the associated additional delivery fees by credit card along with a small handling fee.
- Award winner is responsible for any applicable fees, taxes and incidental charges associated with travel redemptions.