The Auction May Be Gone, But Our Mission Goes On!
Even though our auction has ended, our organization and our mission have not. We would greatly appreciate your continued support in terms of time, effort and funding, and will do our best to keep you up to date on future activities.
Your support will help many important causes at Red Wiggler Community Farm in Germantown, MD.
Our work at Red Wiggler:
- provides meaningful employment to adults with developmental disabilities and educates students and adults about farming and the environment.
- generates sustainable energy and the operation of our solar home, where we are actually selling power back to the utility company!
- produces healthy, locally-grown certified-organic produce (vegetables, herbs and flowers) which is both sold and distributed free to local group homes whose occupants often lack good nutrition.
- ensures preservation of our environment through sustainable and organic farming methods, and provides habitat for endangered native animals and plants, such as the Baltimore Checkerspot Butterfly.
Thank you for your contribution! If you were unable to get the item you wanted and would still like to show your support for Red Wiggler Community Farm, you can still make a cash donation by visiting our website at www.RedWiggler.org/donate.
OUR CORE VALUES:
Just as the red wiggler worm creates fertile ground where plants can thrive, Red Wiggler Community Farm creates a productive environment where adults with developmental disabilities and student volunteers can succeed at work, increase local food supply and support sustainable agriculture.
At Red Wiggler, our core values represent the ideals we believe in:
- Reconnecting people with the source of their food and the local community.
- Creating an environment of respect, cooperation, integrity and innovative thinking.
- Ensuring purposeful work and equal treatment for all stakeholders.
- Fostering opportunities for outreach and meaningful education of youth, adults and employees.
- Building local food security for our community.
- Being a catalyst for community collaborations and volunteerism.
- Practicing environmental stewardship through sustainable farming practices and careful attention to watershed and habitat protection.
- Conserving resources and reducing our carbon footprint through thoughtful decisions about our built environment, program development and energy use.