- Lifetime adoption of David, a male great white shark cataloged off Mexico
- Lifetime Adoption of Mac, a male great white shark cataloged off Mexico
- Meet Jim Toomey - Creator of the cartoon strip Sherman's Lagoon - in Washington, DC
- Lifetime Adoption of Lola, A female great white shark cataloged off Mexico
- Meet Richard Weise - Explorer and Host of the television series, Born to Explore - in NYC
- Have Lunch of Dinner with Famous Explorer, Nancy McGee, in Dallas, Texas
- Have lunch with Ralph Collier, a world-expert on Attacks by White Sharks, in California
- Meet Captain Maureen Langevin - Filmmaker and Conservationist - in Laurence Harbor, NJ
- Meet Amanda Strozier in Alabama. She has been working in the Bering Sea and South Africa
- Meet world-renowned underwater photographer Amanda Cotton.
- Paul Spielvogel11
You can watch them on SHARK WEEK & SHARKFEST, and the BBC
but it is so much more fun to meet & get to know them in person!
More than 30 of the world’s top shark celebrities – those scientists, explorers, underwater photographers, filmmakers and conservationists that you watch on Shark Week and SharkFest, BBC, network television and in documentary films – are on the auction block at Bidding For Good from 9 pm on Sunday July 22nd.
The auction will start closing at 10 pm on Sunday July 31st.
Being auctioned is a lunch or dinner with a shark expert or 'celeb'. This is a unique opportunity to meet one-on-one and “talk shark” with one of the world's experts.
Shark Research Institute will introduce the expert or celebrity and the winning bidder. Then the two of you choose a mutually agreeable date, time and place to get together within one year of the close of this auction.
Although most of the ‘celebs’ are in the USA, some are in Australia, Bahamas and South Africa, so choose ones that live nearby – unless you are able to fly or drive to their location.
There are also a handful of other ‘celebs’ up for adoption – some of our favorite whale sharks and white sharks.
You can simply browse the auction. Then, when you are ready to bid, click on 'to register' above, and start bidding on your favorites!
And please share the link to this auction with your friends and followers on Social Media.
The aim of the auction is twofold:
- To spotlight individuals and organizations working effectively to protect sharks and the ocean.
- Generate funds for field research, shark and ocean conservation projects and outreach programs.
Shark Research Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Winning bids are deductible from 2018 US Federal income taxes as Charitable Contributions.