WELCOME TO THE STAXTACULAR 2014 AUCTION
The Soulsville Foundation and the Memphis Grizzlies would like to welcome you to our annual Staxtacular auction presented by Suntrust to benefit the children of the Stax Music Academy! As always, the auction includes a variety of sought-after items from the worlds of music, sports, and entertainment. For the past few weeks, our auction has been buzzing with bids from people like you who want to support the students. On Saturday, January 18th at 7 PM, our 10th annual live event will begin at the Stax Museum of American Soul Music. If you can't attend the event, please continue to bid until the auction closes at 10:30 pm. All proceeds from the auction will benefit the students of the Stax Music Academy, so please be generous.
ABOUT THE STAX MUSIC ACADEMY
Stax Music Academy is a unique learning center that inspires young people and enhances their academic, cognitive, performance, and leadership skills by utilizing music with a strong focus on the rich legacy and tradition of Stax Records. The Stax Music Academy, founded in 2000, serves approximately 70 high school students during its SNAP! After School program during the school year and approximately 70 high school students during its 4-week SNAP! Summer Music Experience. Many of its students are considered “at risk,” living near or below the poverty level.
- Approximately 80% of students attend via scholarships provided by the academy
- Since 2008, every high school senior enrolled in the academy has gone on to college
- All students study the Berklee College of Music’s PULSE online music curriculum in our Apple computer lab with a registered instructor.
- Students enjoy workshops with a wide variety of Grammy-winning professional musicians
- Students of the Stax Music Academy experience unique performance opportunities that include:
- New York City’s Lincoln Center
- Washington, D.C.’s Kennedy Center
- Opening for B.B. King in Indianola, MS
- Performance for U.S. Ambassador to Germany, Philip D. Murphy, in Berlin
And so much more...
Last year, the Staxtacular auction raised over $30,000 to benefit the students of the Stax Music Academy. Please help us set a new record by bidding on some of the many items we have to offer. Mike, Tony, Quincy, and the rest of the Grizzlies thank you for joining them in supporting this worthy cause!
STAXTACULAR 2014 IS SOLD OUT!
If you didn't get tickets to this year's event, make sure to put it on your "to-do" list for 2015. In the meantime, check out the event information at www.staxtacular.com to see what you'll be missing!
TAKE A PEEK AT SOME OF OUR FEATURED ITEMS!