- $150 Gift Card Home Depot
- Golf for 4 at Morris County Golf Club, Morristown, NJ
- Hotel Vermont, Burlington, VT - one night stay
- Dinner for Four at Felina Restaurant, Ridgewood , NJ
- $200 Gift Card to Roots Steakhouse
- Dinner for 2, Roots Steakhouse, Ridgewood, NJ
- Jessica's Restaurant - Swift House Inn-Dinner for 2
- Hudson, NY Studio Apartment -3-night stay
- Vermont Cabin Weekend Getaway Sleeps up to 8
- $100 Gift Card to Target
Welcome to Ignite Change 2022, the WMI annual Auction
Ignite Change WMI Auction runs from October 3-13, 2022. We offer bidders hundreds of unique items to bid on and support undergraduate scholarships for grassroots leaders around the globe.
WMI works to create social change through education and community building by providing bright young people in the developing world with student scholarships, skills training, and start-up funding, building a network of grassroots leaders who are catalyzing community transformation.
Make Your Bid to Support Wells Mountain Initiative
Education is the cornerstone of eradicating poverty and fostering sustainable community-led social change and too many talented and promising students across the developing world do not have access to higher education because of a lack of funds.
WMI supports undergraduate students obtaining degrees in community-oriented fields, and encourages them to be the agents of change in their own communities, nations and the world. We go beyond providing financial support, ensuring our student scholars have all the tools needed to reach their dreams.
WMI supports students pursuing degrees that will best help their own communities, including medicine & health services, community development, law, education, social sciences and engineering. The WMI Scholars Program currently supports 359 student scholars and 285 graduate scholars from 54 countries.
We fund WMI Scholars' undergraduate education, offer skill-building opportunities and provide on-going career counseling to ensure that young people successfully complete their studies. Through intensive community service projects, WMI Scholars garner hands-on leadership development alongside their academic career. We also provide flexible tuition support that enables first-generation college students more chances to complete their studies and succeed.
We bring WMI Scholars together through multi-day conferences and national fellowships so that they can share strategies, implement projects and scale their impact. Annually, we host a Global Training Academy, and every three years, we host the Dream Big Conference. We provide hands-on training and technical assistance as WMI Scholars implement their social entrepreneurship projects, engage in cross-learning and gain inspiration from their peers in other nations and regions.
Community Development Grants
We provide grants, technical assistance and strategic networking opportunities to help people design and launch their social entrepreneurship efforts, including locally-led businesses and nonprofits. We bring them together with national experts and other WMI Scholars to help build and grow ideas and increase their impact.
The WMI Model
Recognizing that poverty is the result of global structural inequity, our strategy is to empower a generation of leaders who have the tools, resources and peer support to lead change to address the root causes of problems.
- Our work is based on the conviction that local leaders are the best positioned to lead change in their own communities. WMI scholars lead in the face of daunting challenges and are implementing fresh and creative solutions to the world's most pressing problems. As a US-based organization, we know that our role is to help people lead, rather than implementing top-down solutions. Many WMI Scholars run nonprofits or businesses that hire locally, generate wealth and foster solutions
Global Peer-to-Peer Collaboration
- Often the most talented leaders operate in isolation, with few resources, tools and networks to ensure that their change efforts are sustainable. While education is a life-line out of poverty, sustainable social change requires committed, resourced individuals working collectively together over time. Through seed funding to support initiatives and regular strategy convenings, we help sustain and amplify locally-led change.
- We focus on building local leadership in high-need sectors such as health, education and the environment, so that WMI Scholars can bring badly needed resources to under-served regions and communities. For instance, many WMI Scholars start the first health clinic or school in their village. Gender empowerment is an approach that cuts across all of the sectors; we support the leadership of women and girls and prioritize gender empowerment projects.