Thank you for making a donation to support the MIND Program!
Click on the amount you'd like to donate and make your donation today.
Did you know…
Jack L. Weaver Elementary School provides a creative, challenging and nurturing environment
- Weaver uses an innovative learning program called Music Intelligence Neural Development (MIND)
- MIND combines music instruction (piano) and graphically rich computerized math games (“Jiji”) to enhance students’ mathematical temporal ability
- Keyboarding, Jiji computer education, and technology skills build strong mathematical understanding and unparalleled preparation for life-long learning
Taxpayer dollars do not fund all of the school’s needs
- The State of California does not provide funding for MIND instruction or the Teacher on Special Assignment
Friends of Weaver (FOW) continually funds Weaver’s technology needs
- Through grants, employer matching, and your donations, FOW pays for the MIND program's Teacher on Special Assignment, supports the media center, provides technology for teachers and classrooms, and supports the STEAM initiative.
- With the purchase of 170 devices in 2015, FOW completed Weaver’s vision and a four-year plan of a 1-to-1 student-to-device ratio for TK-5
- FOW is a non-profit organization run by Weaver parent volunteers
Weaver needs your help
FOW asks every Weaver family to donate $100 per child to keep this progressive program thriving
- FOW needs to raise $25,000 to purchase iPad storage lockers, create a repair/maintenance fund for the devices, and begin funding its “Full STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) Ahead” initiative
- Each year, FOW must also raise $80,000 for the Teacher on Special Assignment (an extra position) and other MIND-related expenses
- Donations are tax deductible and your child(ren) will thank you!