Last Updated: April 16, 2015.
1. Information We Collect
When you visit our Services, we will not collect personal information about you unless you provide us that information voluntarily. We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with, access or use our Services, respond to any surveys or polls, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
- User name and password;
- Demographic information, such as age information and gender;
- Payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date;
- Geolocation information;
- Communications preferences;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information.
2. Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about promotions, products, services, surveys and events that we think might be of interest to you, including with respect to our Services, auctions in which you have participated, and products or services you have bid on or placed a “watch” at an auction;
- Contact you with surveys, legal notices, and other information that may be relevant to your use of the Services;
- Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
3. Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Corporate Parents, Affiliates, and Subsidiaries. We may share your information with our corporate parents, subsidiaries, and other affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational, and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Services, manage databases, host a store or other e-commerce platform, perform analyses, or send communications for us.
- Select Business Partners. As a facilitator of online fundraising events and donation requests, we must be able to provide your personal information to the organization holding the fundraising event and to the vendors from which you request donations. However, BiddingForGood is not responsible for the privacy practices of these business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
- In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger, acquisition or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing, including when you post information to a public area of the Services, such as a chat room, discussion board, forum, blog, or other community tool.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
4. Data Security
We maintain security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you submit to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of the Services using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
5. Children’s Privacy
The Services do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"). If we learn that we inadvertently have collected identifying personal information from an individual under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information from our system.
6. Social Networking Services
BiddingForGood has worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
8. Links to Third Party Sites and Services
9. International Users
By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some of these countries may offer a different level of privacy protection, BiddingForGood commits to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. To obtain such information, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, BiddingForGood currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
11. Updating Communications Preferences
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the commercial e-mails you receive or email us at email@example.com. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature.
Opting-out of commercial emails or unsubscribing from our Services does not delete the personal information from our system that may exist in backup or disaster-recovery files.
12. Contact Us