A half-day trip for two divers with Apex Predators in South Africa
Dive with sharks and meet the legendary Chris Fallows of “Air Jaws” Fame. If you’ve watched Discovery Channel’s Shark Week, you are already familiar with Chris and Apex Predator Shark Expeditions; Chris has been featured in many episodes of Shark Week. This is an opportunity to join Chris on a trip to Seal Island and view the 65,000-strong Cape fur seal colony — the largest seal colony in Africa. A second area is cage diving and surface viewing off the spectacular back drop of Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope.
The location for the day will be determined by the best shark activity and sea conditions and will be confirmed with you the day before your trip. Both offer very different opportunities and underwater visibility. Possible shark species may include Seven Gill sharks, Mako sharks, Blue sharks and Great White sharks. Whales, dolphins and many species of sea birds are often encountered on this expedition.
Chris adopts an eco-system style of operating the trips. Going to sea with Apex is like going on a safari game drive and they try to take in as much marine wildlife as possible on their trips.
- The departure point, Simon’s Town, is only 35 minutes from Cape Town, 15 minutes from the Cape of Good Hope and only two minutes from Boulders Beach Penguin Colony.
- Half-day trips average three to four hours at sea.
- First launch departs at 06h30. Second launch departs between 11h30 and 12h30, based on weather and shark activity.
- Includes: Light breakfast or light lunch, snacks and refreshments, dive gear (sizes S to XXXL) and towels.
- Maximum 12 guests. Cage holds five divers at a time
- Does not include transporation to and from Cape Town, South Africa/
- Travel to and from Cape Town to departure location is not included.
- Expires December 31, 2020.
- To be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon date, based on the donor's availability. Blackout dates may apply.
- There are no refunds due to weather cancellations, natural disaster, trip delays, injury or equipment issues but they will try to reschedule depending on availabilty.
- Children need to be 8 years of age to board the boat and 10 years of age to cage dive.
- Cannot be returned, exchanged, transferred or redeemed for cash.
- Cannot be used as part of a booked group expedition. Cannot be resold or re-auctioned and trip insurance is required.
Generously donated by Chris Fallows of Apex Predators