One Annual "Family" membership! Allows 2 Adults and children of members 17 and under free admission to Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden!
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is truly a unique place. Here you can walk garden paths surrounded by the wonders and beauty of nature, talk to experts in horticulture, conservation and science, view impressive art, see butterflies and birds at every turn and take classes on everything from photography to grafting.
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden gets its name from one of the most famous plant explorers in history, David Fairchild (1869-1954). Fairchild was known for traveling the world in search of useful plants, but he was also an educator and a renowned scientist. Fairchild visited every continent in the world (except Antarctica) and brought back hundreds of important plants, including mangos, alfalfa, nectarines, dates, cotton, bamboos and the flowering cherry trees that grace Washington D.C.
Dr. Fairchild retired to Miami in 1935 and joined a group of passionate plant collectors and growers. This core group worked tirelessly to bring the idea of a one of a kind botanic garden to life, and in 1938, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden opened its 83 acres to the public for the first time.
Must be activated by: November 30, 2020
Annual Membership includes:
- Free admission to Fairchild during regular hours for 2 adults
- Free admission to more than 500 gardens, arboreta and science museums
- Invitations to members' only events - Moonlight tours, Spring and Fall Plant Sale Previews
- Free subscription to Fairchild's quarterly publication, The Tropical Garden
- 10% discount on regularly priced merchandise at The Shop at Fairchild
- Priority registration and discounts for educational courses
- Library privileges
- Early admission and special member's price for selected events