Enjoy four passes to the Tennessee Aquarium and four passes to either the unique River Journey Building or Ocean Journey Building behind the scenes tours on your next visit to Chattanooga. Details of the behind the scenes tours are included below.
River Journey Building Behind the Scenes
- Tour the Aquarium's Q-room and see young animals and fish waiting to go out on exhibit.
- Visit the Food Prep Room to see how diets are prepared daily for all of the Aquarium creatures.
- Explore the Keepers Only area above the River Giants exhibit to see huge freshwater fish.
- Get up close and personal during a fun and educational animal encounter.
Ocean Journey Building Behind the Scenes
- Go above the penguin exhibit for a bird's eye view of the Gentoo and Macaroni penguins.
- Stop above the Secret Reef exhibit and chat with scuba divers coming out of the shark tank.
- Watch and help the aquarists as approximately 3,500 fish get fed in our largest exhibit.
- Get up close and personal during an encounter with an animal that is not on exhibit.
For more information, visit the Tennessee Aquarium website.
Passes can be used for children (age 6 and over) or adults. Voucher not to be used in conjuction with special events or promotions.
NOTE: The Ocean Journey Backstage Pass is not handicap accessible due to steps leading up the "catwalk" overlooking the Penguins' Rock exhibit.
Passes and voucher expire December 12, 2020.
Please reserve your tour no later than two days in advance as space may be limited.