NASA's Ames Research Center, one of ten NASA field centers, is located in the heart of California's Silicon Valley.
Since 1939, Ames has led NASA in conducting world-class research and development in aeronautics, exploration technology and science.
Experience a once-in-a-lifetime private tour for 4 of the Ames Research Center with Chief Medical Officer, Ralph Pelligra, MD and Ames Board Member, Janice Zakin, MD. While learning about human flight research, you’ll experience flight simulation, 20G centrifuge, and the latest innovations in space research.
- 20G Centrifuge which is capable of producing forces up to 20 times that of terrestrial gravity
- Future Flight Central – enjoy a 360-degree, full scale, full view of flight simulation virtual air traffic control reproducing any airport and even future Mars-based robotic missions.
- Vertical Motion Simulator – The Vertical Motion Simulator is the world’s largest motion flight simulator, moving within a ten-story tower at NASA’s Ames Research Center in California’s Silicon Valley. The cab can move as much as 60 feet vertically and 40 feet horizontally as it simulates all phases of flight, including takeoff, cruise and landing. Flexibility in both hardware and software allows the VMS to simulate the flight of any aerospace vehicle.
- Talk with Dr. Palligra and Dr. Zakin about screening procedures and medical monitoring research for participants.
- Lunch is included at a nearby restaurant with Dr. Janice Zakin.
- Tour date is based on availability
- Can accommodate up to 4 guests
- All guests must have US Citizenship
- Expires: March 28, 2021