This painting does not yet exist, though its inspiration probably does!
The highest bidder will receive:
- A Zoom visit with the artist, Kathleen (individual, families or groups welcome ... this is your time! 30-60 minutes)
- An original painting by Kathleen Johnson based on the visit (painting will be acrylic on stretched canvas, 12x16 inches or 14x14 inches)
How it works:
The highest bidder will enjoy a fun casual zoom visit with the artist. During this visit, you will have a chance to share a story or some ideas to inspire a piece. Then within one month, your piece will be completed just for you, and shipped. Kath will cross every finger and toe that you will absolutely love it. However, accepting the nature of the creative process, the bidder fully accepts the final product may not be their cup of tea. It may be your favorite piece, or it may not. That's the risk ... and the thrill! No one will see the piece until it is received at your home, a complete and personalized surprise just for you.
- Faces of people and exact likeness of a favorite pet or animal tend to be challenging, so the suggestion of a special person or animal would be closer to a realistic expectation.
- What gives each of us joy or peace differs from person to person, and that will be respected in the process.
- A photo of the piece and the process of painting will be kept for my own record. And a photo of the final piece will be shared with Wildlife SOS for their records along with proof of shipment.
- Sharing externally or publicly will be the choice of the winning bidder. If you love the piece, but prefer to keep the image private, a reference of the experience and whether you are pleased with the piece would be very much appreciated.
Artist Bio: Kathleen Johnson lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with her beautiful daughter and their rescued dog and cats. Donating art to support animal rescue organizations is one of her greatest motivations for picking up a paint brush. She works primarily with acrylics as they allow for lots of experimentation with colours.
From Kathleen: I need a meaningful reason to be moved to paint, then it is hard to stop! If you have one of my paintings or prints, you can be sure it is full of hope and inspiration, with a story that brought it into existence.
I'm so grateful for organizations like Wildlife SOS who are tirelessly rescuing wild animals from lives of pain and indignity. I was fortunate to meet Kartick Satyanarayan and Geeta Seshamani in Calgary at a conference. I will never forget Kartick's speech, which included the colourful story of their first elephant rescue.
Wildlife SOS, thank you for all that you do. Hopefully my prints will help support your efforts. To the donors who purchase these prints, thank you for your generosity! I sincerely hope these pieces bring messages of hope to your home. For there is much hope to be had!
Item Special Note
Frame not included.
Shipping not included. Winning bidder pays for shipping.