Spend 7 days and 6 nights in beautiful, rustic home located in Zoagli, Rapallo-Portofina area, Liguria, Italy (2.5 hours from the Milan airport, 1.5 hours from the Pisa airport, 50 minutes from Cinque Terre by train and 30 minutes from Genova)
The house consists of a two-story property overlooking the Bay of Tigullio and Portofino, on the famous Italian Riviera. The combination of quiet country life with the proximity to the seacoast makes this place unique. The large terrace, equipped with deck chairs, dining table, and shadowed by a large umbrella, is also used for reading and relaxing. The character of this property is part of Portofino’s world heritage, where clusters of houses have kept their original architecture and colors, and the hill presents steep terraces of cultivated land.
- It's near the sea and there are plenty of hill and sea walks to take throughout the region
- There's a great aquarium in Genova (Genoa)
- An excursion to the Abbey of San Fruttuoso (Abbazia di San Fruttuoso) by boat is a MUST
Review from a previous winner:
The road winds along the coast up into the Ligurian hills to Zoagli. High above the town, the view is spectacular from this historic Italian cottage. We enjoyed every minute, from the geraniums and lemon tree in the garden, to the fruit basket and bottle of wine on arrival, to the walk up the stone walkway to the salumeria with fresh bread, zucchini flowers, and salami. Easy train or car ride to Genova, Cinque Terre towns. But just staying home with the view was truly the highlight.
- House: 2 bedrooms; 1 bathroom; garden
- Max Occupancy: 6 (did we mention that there is only 1 bathroom?)
- Redeem by June 2018; stay to be arranged with the donors, depending on availability (limited availability in July and August)
- Prime visiting months: May - August; also, spring is the best time to hike Cinque Terre (you can hike and take boat rides along the coast)