Casa del Herrero was designed by renowned architect George Washington Smith and completed in 1925. This legendary Montecito estate remains essentially unchanged from when it was built by George Fox Steedman, an industrialist, engineer, amateur architect, and the "blacksmith" of the name, "House of the Blacksmith." It is noted as one of the finest examples of Spanish Colonial Revival architecture in America, is included on the National Register of Historic Places, and in January 2009, was designated a National Historic Landmark.
This one-year Blacksmith's Guild Membership includes:
- Unlimited free visits for two people with reservation for the house and gardens tour
- 2 one-time use guest passes
- Invitations to Casa events, including Conversations at the Casa lecture series
- Quarterly Casa newsletter