During June of this year, RPA students worked with volunteer contractors and qualified staff to create the Tiny Home you've been hoping for.
In Mexico, there's another family hoping for a home - and with the money we earn from this sale, we are going to give it to them!
It's a great idea, isn't it?
- Teach students the construction skills needed to build a Tiny House.
- Sell the Tiny House.
- With the money earned from the Tiny House sale, purchase supplies and take students to Mexico so they can build a house for another family.
The result? Two houses, lots of learning, and many lives changed for the better.
So what's this Tiny House like? Here's some details:
- Plan: Hikari Box from Shelter Wise (20')
- Built on Iron Eagle dual-axle trailer (designed to be a Tiny House trailer)
- 140 sq ft downstairs
- 70 sq ft sleeping loft
- 2 skylights; one above sleeping loft opens
- 11 windows (lots of light!) loft egress (fire escape) windows
- Insulated 2x6 floor and ceiling, 2x4 walls
- Stained beveled cedar siding
- Tan (nonreflective) Raised seam metal roof
- Takagi on-demand hot water heater - runs on propane
- Full size fiberglass shower
- 30-amp RV electrical connection; plugs directly into power source
- Pre-wired but no fixtures; wired for ceiling fan in living room, exhaust fan over cooktop and bathroom fan
- Septic: all plumbing below floor; can plumb to septic system, blackwater tank, or other preferred option
As you can see - we've got a solid shell in place - you get to finish things up. Personalize your new home by designing and finishing the following:
- base trim
- light and ceiling electrical fixtures
- septic finish
- install already purchased toilet
- and...insulate hot water heater before winter
Though we love to see the country - delivery not included. (We'll get you a room if you need it though!)
To schedule a tour of the Tiny House before bidding ends November 6th, please email Sandy at email@example.com
Any other questions? Please contact Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org