- Personalized Postcard from Hannah Tinti
- Personalized Postcard from Salman Rushdie
- Personalized Postcard from Jim Shepard and Karen Shepard
- Personalized Postcard from Junot Diaz
- Personalized Postcard from George Saunders
- Personalized Postcard from Jennifer Egan
- Personalized Postcard from Daniel Handler (Lemony Snicket)
- Personalized Postcard from Julie Buntin
- Personalized Postcard from Viet Thanh Nguyen
- Personalized Postcard from Rabih Alameddine
The Common's Annual Author Postcard Auction
The Common Foundation's author postcard auction will run from November 20 to December 10, 2017.
Bid for a chance to win a postcard from your favorite author, handwritten for you or a person of your choice. A wonderful keepsake, just in time for the holidays.
All proceeds will go toward The Common's programs. These include publishing emerging writers, mentoring students in our Literary Publishing Internship Program, and connecting with students around the world through The Common in the Classroom.
What is The Common?
The Common is a print and digital literary journal published biannually, in the fall and spring. Issues of The Common include short stories, essays, poems, and images that embody a strong sense of place. The Common Online publishes original content four times per week, including book reviews, interviews, personal essays, short dispatches, poetry, contributor podcasts and recordings, and multimedia features.
Based in Amherst, Massachusetts, the magazine is supported in part by Amherst College and The Common Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. The Common also runs the Literary Publishing Internship Program at Amherst College, mentoring students in all aspects of literary publishing, and hosts public programming regularly.
We seek to serve as a vibrant common space for the global exchange of ideas and experiences. To be an essential destination for creative work that embodies particular times and places, both real and imagined. To mentor and promote the next generation of writers, editors, and publishers.
Just a few of the participating authors to get your bidding started: