Make Your Bid to Support Emmanuel House International!
Now is your chance to not only get all the great items you want, but to do it knowing you are helping support our organization and mission.
Since opening its doors in November 2013, Emmanuel House International’s mission is to serve moms and moms-to-be in crisis, their born and unborn babies, and their families in Putnam County and in neighboring Northern Westchester and Eastern Dutchess Counties. EHI provides, at no charge, confidential and non-judgmental pre-natal and after-birth support and material assistance to individuals and their families (regardless of their age, race, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, religious affiliation, disability or socio-economic status), who are in crisis due to unplanned pregnancies, who could not otherwise afford these services, and who have been unable to receive these services at no charge from other private charitable organizations or public agencies in the community. Emmanuel House International does this by:
- Assisting individuals and families (“clients”) in creating individualized action plans for their pregnancy, the birth of their baby, and support after the baby’s birth and for as long as they are in crisis
- Acquiring (through material and financial donations from individuals, community organizations and local churches) and distributing needed material assistance (e.g., new and gently-used maternity, baby, toddler, children and adult clothing; and new baby equipment; emergency baby supplies such as diapers, wipes, rash cream, formula, bottles, nipples, baby food, cereal, baby shampoo, baby soap, infant lotion, and talcum powder), as well as referring clients to thrift shops (with vouchers) and donor lists for nearly-new baby equipment, furniture and household items
- Making available self-administered pregnancy tests for clients to determine their pregnancy status so they can accurately develop their unique plans of action
- Providing reference materials on pregnancy, fetal development, childbirth, infant care, parenting skills, child safety, and other relevant topics
- Referring clients to local resource providers for assistance with healthcare, counseling, insurance, childcare, transportation, rent, utilities, education, employment, nutrition/food, housing, finances and legal issues
In order to assist clients, Emmanuel House relies on indispensible volunteers, material donations, and financial support. More information about how to support EHI as well as services provided is available at EmmanuelHouseInternational.org.