A weekend for 2!
Come spend a fun weekend hiking in Colorado (August 8-11, 2019). Hike in Rocky Mountain National Park and in the Byers Peak Wilderness Area. The views are spectacular and the trails will be free of snow! This all-inclusive weekend includes transportation, lodging and all meals.
Day hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park is the theme for this weekend trip. We will hike to Timber Lake, Byers Peak and along the East Inlet Trail. We will return to town in the afternoons to have sit down suppers at the Nordhouse in Granby and will sleep in a warm bed each night.
Thursday - Guests who fly into Denver International Airport will be picked up in a 4-wheel drive van to whisk you off to the mountains.
Friday - Breakfast in Granby and then a van ride through Rocky Mountain National Park to the Timber Lake Trailhead for a 10-mile hike to Timber Lake and back. This is a beautiful mountain lake and well worth the climb. Following the hike everyone will head to Hot Sulphur Springs Resort for a hot soak to finish off the day.
Saturday - Awake to sunshine and aspen leaves and a crisp fall morning. Warm up with coffee or cocoa and then follow the Byers Peak Trail to the summit of Byers Peak. This out and back hike is 4.5 miles each way for a total of 9 miles of hiking this day. Saturday evening will be a casual evening of hanging out, watching a movie or playing cards.
Sunday - Breakfast in Granby followed by a trip back into the park for a day hike in the park on the East Inlet Trail. This hike will be 3 miles in and 3 miles out for a total of 6 miles. There will be a picnic lunch in the park and drive through Rocky Mountain National Park one more time before returning back to Denver.
- Van transportation from DIA to the Nordhouse and back. Schedule your flight to arrive in Denver prior to 8 PM on Thursday August 8th. Schedule your return after 6 PM on the 11th. Locals who want to ride up with us will be picked up at the Morrison Park & Ride at 9:30 PM.
- 3 Nights lodging at the Nordhouse in Granby. Granby Nordhouse - Granby Colorado. 18 beds, 5 hot showers, cold beer and a warm fire.
- All meals for the weekend.
- Free beer & Whiskey. We keep a fridge full of Avery beer and Irish Whiskey.
- 3 days of supported hiking. We will travel with you to guide you along your path through the park.