The Rebirth of Apsara is a full-length dance/theatre work that investigates the relationship between art and war exploring how Cambodian arts and in particular Apsaras, fabled female celestial beings, have embodied the essence of Cambodian culture from ancient mythology to its post genocide resurrection.
Mirroring her own life's journey as an artist to explore the impact Apsara has had on both Khmer civilization and Cambodian artists of today, Charya Burt will set her re-imagined classical dance gestures to a musical score by renowned Cambodian-American composer Chinary Ung.
- Performance date: Febraury 1, 2024
- Joan and Sanford I. Weill Hall, Sonoma State University
- Two (2) Orchestra, Price Zone 2 seats: Row H
Item Special Note
- No cash value.
- Please plan to pick up your tickets at the Can Do! office by December 15, 2023.
- Tickets can not be mailed.