iomega StorCenter ix2 4 TB Network Storage
- Item Number
- Estimated Value
- $440 USD
- $335 USD to zieglr
- Number of Bids
- 11 - Bid History
The Iomega® StorCenter™ ix2-200 Network Storage offers content sharing with advanced security, and is ideal for small and remote offices, workgroups or home networks. Based on enterprise-class EMC® storage technology, the StorCenter ix2-200 provides easy file sharing, iSCSI block access, and multiple RAID configurations for optimized data protection. Business users will appreciate the robust data protection features such as UPS support, print serving, folder quotas, rsync device-to-device replication, and user replaceable drives for business continuity and disaster recovery. The easy-to-use interface provides no-hassle management. Active Directory support and remote access round out the comprehensive business features. The StorCenter ix2-200 supports up to five Axis® IP security cameras for basic video surveillance. Home users benefit from the advanced media features such as the DLNA® certified UPnP® AV Media Server, PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol), torrent download compatibility, Bluetooth® upload, and Cooliris™ slide show plug-in. RSA® BSAFE® encryption for protected installs and upgrades. Supports PC, Mac® and Linux® clients and is VMware® certified for NFS and iSCSI.
- Easy file sharing, data backup and print serving from any networked Windows® PC, Mac or Linux workstation
- RAID Support—RAID 1 with automatic RAID rebuild. JBOD mode also available.
- Network File Protocols Supported—CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP.
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with Jumbo frame support and high performance embedded architecture.
- iSCSI target provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS.
- Remote Access*—Connect securely from anywhere in the world and get full access to pictures, videos, files and administration of the StorCenter ix2-200 through a personalized web address.
- Active Directory Support—functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain allowing the StorCenter ix2-200 to utilize the domain users and groups.
- Replication/Device to Device Copy Jobs:
- Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from the StorCenter ix2-200 to any other NAS or USB attached storage device using rsync or CIFS, without the need for a client computer.
- Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule.
- One touch copying via the QuikTransfer button.
- Folder Quotas—Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per folder.
- Expandability—Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/ write on Fat32, NTFS, ext2/ext3, or HFS+ formatted drives.
- Print Server—Intelligent print sharing capability for up to 3 USB printers connected to the StorCenter ix2-200.
- Security Camera—Connect up to 5 Axis® network security cameras and the StorCenter ix2-200 captures and stores video without the need of a dedicated PC. Can also be used as a storage target with other IP cameras.
- VMware® Certified—HCL certified NAS (NFS) and iSCSI storage for VMware.
- Time Machine®Allows Apple® users to easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine.
- Power Savings—Automatic hard drive spin-down.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Support—Enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
- System Dashboard—Consolidated resource on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
- Reporting—Email alerts and Event Logging provide up-to-the minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the StorCenter ix2-200.
- UPnP™ DLNA Certified® AV Media Server—Provides the ability to stream photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices, such as game consoles (Microsoft Xbox® 360, Sony PlayStation® 3), audio bridges, iTunes™ players, picture frames, and more.
- Photo Slideshow—Integrated utility based on the Cooliris™ technology for quick browsing and sharing of pictures stored on the StorCenter ix2-200 to both local and remote users.
- Torrent Download Manager—the StorCenter ix2-200 manages peer-to-peer file transfers without the need of a dedicated PC.
- Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP)—No touch, automatic transfer of photos from digital cameras via the USB port.
- Bluetooth® Upload—Upload contacts, photos, and more from a cell phone, pocket PC or BlackBerry phone (Bluetooth USB adapter required, sold separately).
- Total Data Protection:
- Backup Software (unlimited client licenses). Professional-level client backup for all your critical data with integrated management capabilities.
- Iomega QuikProtect™ software for effortlessly copying files between the clients and the StorCenter ix2-200 (via download).
- Native security support with robust username and password authorized access.
- Data Protection provided with pre-configured RAID technology that redundantly stores data in the event of a drive failure.
- RSA® BSAFE® technology protects installs and upgrades.
- Ease of use:
- Simple four step setup process
- User friendly web-based management interface
- Accessible in 11 supported languages
- Software Compatibility—Compatible with today’s most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers
- Software Included—Backup Software including unlimited client licenses, Iomega QuikProtect Software and StorCenter Manager.
- 3 Year Warranty—with product registration
*Remote Access not available in mainland China. Free first year of basic service and $9.95 per year after that. Premium personalized domain names are available for a nominal fee. Please visit www.iomega.com for more information.
What You Get:
- Iomega® StorCenter ix2-200 Network Hard Drive
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply
- Printed Quick Install Guide
- Solution CD with StorCenter Manager software, EMC LifeLine Software, Backup Software (Unlimited client licenses) and User Help documentation
- Iomega QuikProtect Software (via download)
- Trend Micro™ Internet Security - 1 year Free via download
- Service & Support: Three year limited warranty with product registration
EMC Fights Cancer stores data...
Your support matters, so EMC Fights Cancer would like to use your information to keep in touch about things that may matter to you. If you choose to hear from EMC Fights Cancer, we may contact you in the future about our ongoing efforts.