Alaska Wilderness Adventure for Two at Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge
- Item Number
- Estimated Value
- $8,000 USD
- $5,400 USD to IdahoWonder
- Number of Bids
- 19 - Bid History
NEW OPENING BID of $3,000
This trip for two is for the week of September 22 - 28, 2012 to Kodiak Island, Alaska and features:
• A stay at the Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge: a beautiful location in the remote wilderness surrounded by ocean and 2,000-foot mountains with amazing views of the surrounding flora and fauna.
• Five days of fully guided, outfitted fishing and sea-life viewing during your stay. (The Lodge recommends bringing your own favorite personal fly-fishing equipment if you would like to fly fish.)
• An opportunity to target all five species of Pacific Salmon, Halibut, over five species of Rockfish, Ling Cod, Grey Cod, Dolly Varden, and Salmon Shark. Wildlife viewing opportunities also abound!
• Accommodation in a heated private guest cabin with beautiful views, cold water half-bath, comfortable mattresses, fresh flannel sheets, and blankets. Each cabin has four built-in bunk style beds, or one bed can be converted to a queen.
• Hot tub, hot showers, and banya (sauna), including fresh, clean towels, soap and shampoo just steps away.
• Wireless internet and a laundry facility for guests’ use.
• Home-cooked meals in the comfortable main lodge, featuring tasty hors d’oeuvres, local Alaskan Seafood, fresh salads, choice cuts of meat, daily prepared breads, and delicious desserts.
• Guests are welcome to bring their favorite beverages if desired.
• Complete and daily fish processing, vacuum sealing, labeling, and freezing of the catch you chose to harvest.
• Round-trip transportation by boat or a local sea plane charter to Raspberry Island Remote Lodge from the Kodiak City Airport. (Your airfare to Kodiak City Airport is not included in this package.)
This is one of several trips offered for this week to support Casting for Recovery's mission to support breast cancer survivors. See Items #201, 202, and 203. Bid on all and bring a group!
Item Special Note
A successful bidder who traveled to Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge in September, 2011, says:
"What a beautiful place ... and since fish live in beautiful places, the fish were there! Our host and hostess were so gracious and made us all feel very welcome. Did I mention the food? Fabulous! After fishing, on the way back to the Lodge, we would stop to pick up the crab trap, then we would snack on freshly steamed crabs while watching someone clean all of our fish! Then up to the Lodge for appetizers and more wonderful food! Then we'd start the next day fishing, eating, etc. I highly recommend this place. I can't wait to go back!"
Casting for Recovery stores data...
Your support matters, so Casting for Recovery would like to use your information to keep in touch about things that may matter to you. If you choose to hear from Casting for Recovery, we may contact you in the future about our ongoing efforts.