Alaskan Adventure for One Adventurous Person at Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge
- Item Number
- Estimated Value
- $4,000 USD
- $2,600 USD to mbk123
- Number of Bids
- 13 - Bid History
NEW OPENING BID OF $1,500
Here's one of two available solo spots on a September 22 - 28, 2012 trip to Alaska!
A bid on this trip includes:
- A stay at the Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge: a beautiful location in the remote wilderness surrounded by ocean and 2,000-foot mountains with amazing views of the surrounding flora and fauna.
- Five days of fully guided, outfitted fishing and sea life viewing during your stay. (The Lodge recommends bringing your own favorite personal fly-fishing equipment if you would like to fly fish.)
- You'll have an opportunity to target Silver Salmon, Dolly Varden, and small Rainbow Trout. Salt water fishing for halibut. fantastic marine mammal viewing, and other wildlife viewing opportunities also abound!
- Shared accomodations (the winner of Item Lot #105 will share with the second single trip winner) in a heated private guest cabin with beautiful views, cold water half bath, comfortable mattresses, fresh flannel sheets, and blankets. Each cabin has four built in bunk style beds, or one bed can be converted to a queen.
- Hot tub, hot showers, and banya (sauna), including fresh, clean towels, soap and shampoo just steps away.
- Wireless internet and a laundry facility for guests' use.
- Home cooked meals in the comfortable main lodge, featuring tasty hors d'oeuvres, local Alaskan Seafood, fresh salads, choice cuts of meat, daily prepared breads, and delicious desserts.
- Guests are welcome to bring their favorite beverages if desired.
- Complete and daily fish processing, vacuum sealing, labeling, and freezing of the catch you chose to harvest.
- This is one of several trips offered for this week to support Casting for Recovery's mission to support breast cancer survivors. See Items #200, 202, and 203. Bid on all and bring a group!
Item Special Note
This is one of two single spots offered in this auction: the winning bidder will share a cabin with the other single trip winner.
Or bidder can make a bid on both single trips, or on Items #200 and/or #202, which are each trips for two, if bidder wishes to bring a children or friends along on the trip.
A successful bidder who traveled to Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge in September, 2011, says:
"What a beautiful place ... and since fish live in beautiful places, the fish were there! Our host and hostess were so gracious and made us all feel very welcome. Did I mention the food? Fabulous! After fishing, on the way back to the Lodge, we would stop to pick up the crab trap, then we would snack on freshly steamed crabs while watching someone clean all of our fish! Then up to the Lodge for appetizers and more wonderful food! Then we'd start the next day fishing, eating, etc. I highly recommend this place. I can't wait to go back!"
Casting for Recovery stores data...
Your support matters, so Casting for Recovery would like to use your information to keep in touch about things that may matter to you. If you choose to hear from Casting for Recovery, we may contact you in the future about our ongoing efforts.