One Night stay - Craignair Inn, Spruce Head, ME plus Farnsworth Art Museum Membership
- Item Number
- Estimated Value
- $300 USD
- $180 USD to Live Event Bidder
Set on a granite ledge rising from the sea and surrounded by flower gardens, Craignair was built in 1928 to house workers from the nearby quarries. Little has changed here since the turn of the century, and you can still feel the mood of a once lively and active working town. The union hall still stands, as well as the old general store and post office. The chapel, where the stonecutters and their families once worshipped, is now an annex to the inn. Evidence of the quarry-workers' time is also portrayed in the beautiful granite causeway that stretches across the water to Clark island, where a great quarry was once the center of this picturesque village. Clark island granite was used in the construction of the central park bridges and gate houses, and in the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel, both in New York City, and the Library of Congress in Washington, just to name a few.
Just a three and a half hour drive from Boston!
Celebrating Maine’s Role in American Art, the Farnsworth Art Museum offers a nationally recognized collection of works from many of America’s greatest artists. With 20,000 square feet of gallery space and over 10,000 works in the collection, there is always something new on view at the Farnsworth. The museum has one of the nation's largest collections of works by sculptor Louise Nevelson. Its Wyeth Centerfeatures works of Andrew, N.C. and Jamie Wyeth.
Two adults and children or grandchildren through the age of 18, plus special mailings including a welcome packet, hands-on activity guides and announcements for fun events and educational programs specifically for families and children.
- Unlimited free admission to all Farnsworth Art Museum properties, including the main museum and Library, Wyeth Center, Julia's Gallery, Homestead and the Olson House in Cushing, Maine
- Invitations to member-only exhibition previews featuring curatorial tours, parties, lectures, films and other special events
- Reduced fees on most classes, camps, workshops and other educational programming for all ages
- Subscriptions to the museum Farnsworth magazine and the monthly E-newsletter
- 20% discount on publications, posters and cards created by the Farnsworth Art Museum; 10% discount on most other merchandise in the Museum Store and E-store with double discount days periodically being offered
- Reciprocal free admission to 9 New England regional museums. View the list of participating museums here.
- Maine Member Day. More information is available here.
Rockland, ME 04841
Craignair Inn and restaurant
One night Stay including complimentary breakfast at the Craignair Inn and restaurant.
July and August excluded.
Farnsworth Art Museum
Family Membership - 2 adults (in the same household) and children or grandchildren under the age of 18. Valid for one year from time of certificate redemption.
Must be redeemed by October 31, 20013
Helping Hands : Monkey Helpers stores data...
Your support matters, so Helping Hands : Monkey Helpers would like to use your information to keep in touch about things that may matter to you. If you choose to hear from Helping Hands : Monkey Helpers, we may contact you in the future about our ongoing efforts.