This remarkable package for 2 includes a two-night stay at the Mt. St. Helen’s Motel with VIP treatment from the time you arrive in Castle Rock, WA. You may rent a car at PDX or Castle Rock Blooms, 'Bloom Team' volunteer coordinator Nancy Chennault will transport you from Portland OR to Castle Rock WA. The 2-day package can be customized to fit personal preferences, but would include the following.
- Breakfast at Peper's 49er, which is close to the motel
- Lunch and/or Dinner at Fire Mountain Grill at Milepost 19 on Spirit Lake Hwy (504) . A boxed lunch can be arranged for hiking.
- You will receive vouchers for two for admission to the Johnson Ridge Observatory at the crater of Mt. St Helen's. Movies, hikes and a USFS Ranger talks are available.
- Returning to Castle Rock for a night cap or dessert at Parker’s Steakhouse with special selections from Chef Tony.
- 2nd day would include Blueberry pancake breakfast by chef Jim (Nancy's husband), at Nancy’s home garden (The Gardens @ Sandy Bend.)
- VIP garden tour of Castle Rock with Nancy. Visits with local shop owners will be included with a stop at The Vault Books & Brew for coffee.
- Transport back to PDX if needed.
Quote from Dr Charlie Hall about the trip he and MiChal took in 2015 at the end of August.
“Winning the Destination Castle Rock package at the AIB silent auction was one of the best experiences my wife and I have had in years! Not only is it a great destination in terms of its proximity to Mt. St. Helens, but Castle Rock is the epitome of what America in Bloom is all about. It is absolutely beautiful and the civic pride we experienced was contagious. We were able to meet volunteers from Castle Rock Blooms who had so much passion and enthusiasm that we became passionate and enthusiastic about Castle Rock. Oh, and did I mention the great food? We will definitely be going back to this spectacular community! Thanks Castle Rock for a great memory!”