Set of twelve "first edition" Atlantic Monthly magazines. Including a first edition of one of Thoreau's most famous essays "Walking", and others! These editions were previously owned by Thoreau & Emerson Scholar, Robert D. Richardson, Jr.
In OK condition considering the paper covers, one is missing a cover, and some covers may be detached. Very fragile binding.
These Monthlies are absolutely precious and priceless to a "hardcore" Thoreauvian!
THOREAU, EMERSON, & ALCOTT FIRST PRINTINGS IN THE ATLANTIC MONTHLY
1. A. B. Alcott, "The Forester," April 1862
2. Thoreau, "Walking," June 1862
3. Emerson, "Thoreau," August 1862
4. Thoreau, "Wild Apples," November 1862
5. Louisa May Alcott, "Thoreau's Flute," September 1863
6. Thoreau, "Life Without Principle," October 1863
7. Thoreau, "Night and Moonlight," November 1863
8. Thoreau, "The Highland Light," December 1864
9. T. W. Higginson, Review of Thoreau's THE MAINE WOODS, September 1864
10. Thoreau, "The Wellfleet Oysterman," October 1864
11. T. W. Higginson, Review of Thoreau's CAPE COD, March 1865 (missing front cover)
12. T. W. Higginson, Review of Thoreau's LETTERS TO VARIOUS PERSONS, October 1865
Shipping and handling charges apply from Concord, MA.
Robert D. Richardson Jr
The Thoreau Society and The Thoreau Farm Trust stores data...
Your support matters, so The Thoreau Society and The Thoreau Farm Trust would like to use your information to keep in touch about things that may matter to you. If you choose to hear from The Thoreau Society and The Thoreau Farm Trust, we may contact you in the future about our ongoing efforts.