You can't buy this anywhere, but if you're the high bidder on this item, you and a guest will board the famed Goodyear Blimp and ride it high above the Greater Boston and Plymouth area. It's an unforgettable, unique experience, and it can be yours!
The Goodyear Blimp hasn't been in the Boston area for nearly five years, but New England's own family-owned Sullivan Tire and Auto Service is bringing it back for two days in May, on the 20th and 21st, and they've offered to arrange for our high bidder and a guest to ride the world's most famous airship. What fun!
If you're the high bidder, we'll put you in touch with a Sullivan Tire representative who will advise you on your being placed on the confirmed Goodyear Blimp reservation list and provide you with details in order to be cleared to fly.
The newest Goodyear Blimp, one of its "Wingfoot" series (https://www.goodyearblimp.com/behind-the-scenes/blimp-science.html), will be flying out of Plymouth (MA) Municipal Airport and its flight for our high bidder and guest -- weather permitting -- will typically last about 30 minutes. You'll have wonderful aerial views of Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Harbor, and the Mayflower, as Plymouth prepares to celebrate the 400th anniversary in 2020 of the arrival of the Pilgrims! ("Weather permitting" is an important detail, as the Goodyear Blimp will only be in this area for those two days and cannot be flown in high wind and other weather conditions. An alternative offer, to be determined, will be made if the blimp cannot be flown with our high bidder and guest as passengers.)
Goodyear Tire and Sullivan Tire and Auto Service have generously arranged this unique experience for a high bidder on the 2019 Massachusetts Broadcasters Hall of Fame "Celebrity" Auction. We thank them enthusiastically!
About Sullivan Tire and Auto Service
Family Owned and Operated
Sullivan Tire is a family owned and operated business and has been serving customers in New England since 1955. With over 73 locations throughout New England, Sullivan Tire and Auto Service is Always Here to Get you There!
The high bidder will receive detailed instructions on making Goodyear Blimp flight arrangements.
The following additional information is excerpted from the Goodyear Airship Passenger Guidelines:
You are about to join a very elite club of aerial travelers. In order to ensure that your experience aboard the Goodyear Blimp is safe and enjoyable, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines. Failure to do so could result in injury to you, your fellow passengers and/or the flight crew. We appreciate your cooperation and bon voyage!
Flight Registration and Confirmation
• Rides aboard the Goodyear Blimp are by invitation only.
• Wear comfortable clothing.
• We strongly suggest footwear with good support and traction (e.g. tennis/running shoes). High heeled shoes and flip flops are prohibited!
• Dress for the prevailing temperature and weather conditions. The gondola is not pressurized and you will be embarking and disembarking outside in the open air.
• While children under four years of age are discouraged from flying on the Goodyear Blimp, exceptions can be made. This must be done prior to the date of the flight through the PR Specialist for the airship and with the pilot's approval.
• All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
All passengers 18 years of age or older must present a proper photo I.D. prior to boarding the airship.
Boarding and Exiting the Airship
• All passengers must listen, understand and follow the boarding and disembarking instructions of their assigned guide.
• There is a ladder attached to the bottom of the gondola which passengers must be able to ascend and descend to enter and exit the airship. Only one person at a time is permitted on the ladder. Goodyear reserves the right to refuse entry on our airship to any guest exceeding the manufacturer’s ladder weight limit of 330 pounds. All guests’ weight will be verified for compliance with this requirement prior to flight.
• While on the ground the airship is subject to the prevailing winds and can therefore be quite mobile. This requires that all passengers be alert and follow the instructions (particularly during boarding and disembarking) in order to avoid any injury to themselves, the Goodyear crew, or the airship itself.
Passenger Mobility Requirements
• All airship passengers must be fully ambulatory and without physical impairment(s) that could prevent them from moving quickly at the direction of the pilot or ground crew.
• The Goodyear Blimp has a varying lift capacity; depending on weather conditions. Therefore the pilot may need to reconfigure passenger groups in order to ensure a safe weight for both launching and landing.
• Every effort is made to pre-schedule the appropriate number of people for each flight, however, the number of passengers (regardless of size and/or weight) is always at the determination of the Pilot-in-Charge.
Alcohol and Prescription Drugs
• It is strongly recommended that passengers refrain from using alcohol, or prescription drugs that might interfere with their motor skills or concentration in advance of taking a blimp ride.
Cell Phones & Electronic Devices
• Please place cell phones and electronic devices into Airplane Mode before boarding the airship. Using these devices for photo taking only is permitted.
All passengers must sign a "Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement" prior to boarding the airship.
Goodyear reserves the right to deny flight status to anyone who is unable or unwilling to comply with these guidelines.
Massachusetts Broadcasters Hall of Fame stores data...
Your support matters, so Massachusetts Broadcasters Hall of Fame would like to use your information to keep in touch about things that may matter to you. If you choose to hear from Massachusetts Broadcasters Hall of Fame, we may contact you in the future about our ongoing efforts.