- 8:30 AM: The doors of one of Broadway’s most beautiful theatres, the New Amsterdam - one of the finest Art Nouveau theatres in the world - will be open just for us. This theatre is the current home Disney's "Aladdin" and is the theatre where "Lion King" was created. As we look at the theatre’s splendor, your theatre expert (the person in large part responsible for saving this theatre from demolition) will describe the theatre's history, secrets renovation, and tell its ghost stories.
- A walking exploration of the renaissance of 42nd Street, led by the person in large part responsible for the NYC Landmark designation of the 42nd Street theatres. Including a visit to one of our country's most unusual Cineplex ticket lobbies.
- A walking exploration of the lights, excitement, history and theatres of the Times Square Theatre district, led by the person in large part responsible for the NYC Landmark designation of 35 Broadway Theatres and the zoning regulations which resulted in Times Square's plethora of electric advertising signs.
- Experience a birds-eye view, looking down on the lights and excitement of Times Square.
- An introduction to the fascinating New York City subway system by an expert of one of the most complex transit marvels of the world.
- Explore Madison Square Park, with its special urban vista encompassing five of the early 20th century's most unusual and beautiful buildings, including dramatic perspectives of the Empire State and Flatiron Buildings.
- A private visit to The Players, our theatre world's most pretigious private club, located in the lovely townhouse of Edwin Booth, the greatest American actor in his day, designed by Stanford White, the world's most favmous architect in his day - including a visit to a lovely 19th century theatre research library, finest in the United States and a visit to Edwin Booth's bedroom unchanged since the day he died there.
- Lunch, with unlimited wine and soft drinks, at the National Arts Club, one of New York's most beautiful Victorian interiors located within our country's most prestigious private club for people in the visual arts.
- Women will be asked to wear smart casual
- Men will be asked to wear a tie
- Three Course Meal
- Unlimited House Wine
- Unlimited Mixed Drinks
- Unlimited Soft Drinks
After lunch, you will have the rare opportunity to go inside Gramercy Park, New York's only private park.
Should modifications to this schedule become necessary, the changes will take advantage of New York's ever-changing cultural scene and will assure a program of the highest quality.
May be Redeemed for a Weekday Between September 2019 and June 30, 2020. Date will be based upon the Joint Availabilities of the Auction Winner and V.I.P. Tours of New York.
- Joe Rosenberg, President of V.I.P. Tours of New York, which specializes in fund-raising and bond-building tours to New York for Board Members and Patrons of LHAT theatre members, for LORT theatre members, for Broadway League theatre members and for Theatre Communication Group (TCG) theatre members.
- Joe is New York’s foremost expert in Theatre and Architecture, long time former Board member of the League of Historic American Theatres, Chair of the 2014 LHAT National Conferences in New York, who was in large part responsible for:
- The NYC landmark designation of 35 Broadway Theatres
- Saving Radio City Music Hall from demolition
- The NYC landmark designation ofthe 42nd Street Theatres
- The NYC landmark designation of the Beacon Theatre and Town Hall
- The NYC landmark designation of many Historic Districts, such as Gramercy Park, which you will be visiting
- The genesis of the electronic advertising signage regulations, which has resulted in Times Square's present-day visual excitement.
- Alejandro Almaguer, Director of V.I.P. Tours of New York, which also specializes in fund-raising and bond-building programs in Edinburgh for the Theatre Fringe Festival and in Havana for programs which fulfill the U.S. Government's regulations in Support of the Cuban People.
- Alejandro is a NYC licensed tour guide and has led countless licensed visits for U.S. visitors to Cuba and his native city, Havana. He took advantage of Cuba's new private enterprise laws and started a cafeteria business which he taught his parents to run when he came to New York. Alejandro is New York's most personable Tour Director/Guide.
The League of Historic American Theatres, Inc. stores data...
Your support matters, so The League of Historic American Theatres, Inc. would like to use your information to keep in touch about things that may matter to you. If you choose to hear from The League of Historic American Theatres, Inc., we may contact you in the future about our ongoing efforts.