A collectors find! This "Centenary" B&O Railroad china is the most popular and widely collected of all railroad china. The full set is over 60 years old. It has service for eight and is the china you would have used in the dining car when travelling on the Baltimore and Ohio railroad in the early part of the 20th century.
Centenary china is known for its elegant and intricate designs using multiple shades of blue on a white base to depict scenic locations and historic locomotives. This china was custom designed for B&O whereas most railroad china patterns were adapted from existing designs. Own a piece of history!
The set is a mix of several backstamps: Scammell's Lamberton Design Patented, Scammell's Lamberton Design Patented shield, Early Shenango, and Sterling.
The set includes the following:
- 8 dinner plates (10" Shenango and 10 1/2 " Scammell's Lamberton Design Patented shield)
- 9 salad plates (Scammell's Lamberton and Shenango)
- 8 soup plates (Scammell's Lamberton and Shenango)
- 8 dessert plates (Scammell's Lamberton and Shenango)
- 8 dessert bowls (Scammell's Lamberton)
- 9 cups (Scammell's Lamberton and Shenango)
- 8 saucers (Scammell's Lamberton and Shenango)
- 1 15" serving bowl (Sterling)
- 1 11" serving platter (Sterling)
- 1 gravy boat w/ 2 saucers (Shenango)
- 1 sugar bowl (Scammell's Lamberton)
- 1 cream pitcher (Shenango)
- 1 tea pot (Scammell's Lamberton)
FRIENDS OF HOMELESS ANIMALS stores data...
Your support matters, so FRIENDS OF HOMELESS ANIMALS would like to use your information to keep in touch about things that may matter to you. If you choose to hear from FRIENDS OF HOMELESS ANIMALS, we may contact you in the future about our ongoing efforts.