- Split the Pot
- Pismo Beach, CA - Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa - One Night Stay in OceanFront Suite
- Coronado Bay, CA - Loews Coronado Bay Resort-2 night stay with resort charge, self-parking
- San Diego, CA - Marriott Marquis San Diego - Two night stay in a bay view room
- Pismo Beach, CA - SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel - 2 night stay OceanView Room & cont.brkfst
- Mendocino, CA - The Andiron Seaside Inn & Cabins - Two-Night Stay
- Paso Robles, CA - Allegretto Vineyard Resort - Two night stay
- Cambria, CA - Ocean Point Ranch - 2 night stay
- Los Angeles/Universal City - Hilton Universal - 2 night stay & 2 breakfasts for 2
- San Francisco, CA - Le Meridien Hotel - One night weekend stay in a classic room
- Chris Middleton460
- David Bowman148
- Marisa Post4
CLIA Dollars for Scholars
Thank you for visiting our scholarship fund auction website. Our latest auction ended April 22, 2018.
We are still soliciting donations for our scholarship fund.
There is plenty of time to make a donation since scholarships are not awarded until the California Lodging Expo® and Conference on December 3, 2018 at the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino. The Lodging Expo is a one day event and is free to all attendees. You are invited to join us. Scholarship donors of $1,500 or more may be able to present their scholarship in full to the individual recipient at the Expo.
Please click on our sponsor's websites below to learn more about them.
Here are the heartwarming stories of the 2017 CLIA Scholarship recipients who have benefited from the generosity of those who donated named sponsorships:
- Amber Hotel Company scholarship winner: Dominique Wainwright, a student at California State University East Bay. Dominique is a single mother and has returned to her academic endeavors after a long break.
- Brighton Management Scholarship winner: Elizabeth Zamudio, a student at California State University East Bay. Elizabeth is the first student in her family to ever attend college and she is a mother of two. She wants to be an example to her children. She returned to college after graduating high school to improve her life.
- Central Coast of California Hospitality Scholarship winner: Jacquelyn Olsen, a staff member at Portola Hotel and Spa is a Grad Student at Gonzaga University. Jacquelyn is our first graduate student scholarship winner. Jacquelyn, while working full time as Marketing Manager at the Portola Hotel and Spa has achieved a 4.0 GPA as a graduate student at Gonzaga University.
- Marin Management Inc. Scholarship winner: Han Tran, a student at San Francisco State University. Han is majoring in Hospitality and Tourism Management and minoring in Business Administration. She is the first in her family to graduate from college.
- Shahir Hanna/Principal Financial Group Scholarship winner: Yeraz Benlian of California State Polytechnic University Pomona / Collins College This past summer Yeraz interned at two boutique hotels in Armenia. Her goals are to gain experience in operations to eventually become a consultant to luxury boutique hotels.
- The Passport Group Scholarship funded by Jeff Durham and Joey Wolosz to honor their parents. The winner is: Emily Peyton, a student at California State Polytechnic University Pomona / Collins College. Emily has always been active in leadership roles since the 7th grade. A former employer calls Emily creative, innovative, takes initiative, is curious, diligent, responsive, and a hard worker.
Show your support of outstanding hospitality students like these by clicking on the "Donate Items" button to contribute to our catalog of auction items.
Give a little and get a lot in return.
The more items we have the more money we can raise, so we're asking for your help. By donating an item or service directly online, you'll be helping to raise money for our organization, and you'll receive a mention on our site that can link back to your own web page. Your donations to this online auction to support our scholarship fund may be tax deductible. Please consult your tax adviser.
Call Chris Middleton, Auction Manager at (925) 478-0929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or assistance in making a donation or bidding.
Become a Sponsor of CLIA Dollars for Scholars. It is easy and so rewarding!
Place your company's logo on our site that links back to your own web page and you could develop new business. We can track how often your logo is viewed and clicked to see just how many people are accessing your site.
Last year's auction generated as many as 27,240 impressions for some sponsors. This is an excellent ROI for your donation or sponsorship. Contribute today!
Check out these wonderful destinations
- View Item