Elephant Haven European Elephant Sanctuary – Elephant Haven European Elephant Sanctuary, Auction for Elephants
Auction Ends: Nov 17, 2019 10:00 PM EST

Food & Gourmet Items

Elephant Nature Park Coffee + 2 Thai Celadon Pottery Mugs

Item Number
137
Estimated Value
$150 USD
Sold
$115 USD to EANM1928
Number of Bids
9  -  Bid History

Item Description

Elephant Nature Park Coffee + 2 Thai Celadon Pottery Mugs

Drink coffee, save elephants!


1) Two packages of Elephant Nature Park Co. Coffee

One 12 oz Karuna (medium roast) and one 12 oz BaanMai (dark) ~ the perfect sampler to try both roasts and find which one you fall in love with!

ENP Co. Coffee is grown as a vital partnership with Thai reforestation efforts, community development, and Asian elephant rescue. Through ENP Coffee, villages are encouraged to switch to more sustainable farming practices that are healthy for both the environment and farmers. 90% of the coffee farms are in heavily covered forests with the other 10% in developing forests. These coffee farms represent the option to work with nature in providing for our communities instead of working against it.

Learn more and sign up for monthly delivery! enpcoffee.com/collections/shop

 

2) Two authentic, Thai Celadon pottery elephant mugs

These gorgeous, high-quality celadon mugs are perfect by themselves ... but made even more so by the charming elephant herd decoration.

Celadon is a term for pottery denoting both wares glazed in the jade green celadon color, also known as greenware (the term specialists now tend to use) and a type of transparent glaze, often with small cracks, that was first used on greenware, but later used on other porcelains.

Because Celadon is a man-made product wich depends upon the skills and experience of the craftsman, it is valuable. Because of it's attractiveness, Celadon is used both for home decoration and everyday use.

Thai ceramics has its own long tradition of greenware production. Medieval Thai wares were initially influenced by Chinese greenware, but went on to develop its own unique style and technique. One of the most famous kilns during the Sukhothai Kingdom were at S(r)i Satchanalai, around Si Satchanalai District and Sawankhalok District in Sukhothai Province, north-central Thailand. Production started in the 13th century CE and continued until the 16th century. The art reached its apex in the 14th century.

Item Special Note

WINNING BIDDER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING COSTS. ITEMS CANNOT BE SHIPPED OUTSIDE THE U.S. AND CANADA.

?Please note that for tax purposes this item has a fair market value of $150USD and is available as part of the charitable auction. Amounts donated above the market value of this item may be eligible for a tax receipt.?