- Two tickets to MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL on Broadway this summer, with dinner for two!
- Two tickets to see KING LEAR and meet Ruth Wilson, AND win dinner for two!
- Two tickets to see Kelli O'Hara in KISS ME KATE! this spring, plus dine at Capital Grille!
- Meet Bryan Cranston after a performance of Broadway hit NETWORK; plus gift card to Butter!
- See TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD this summer, plus attend a talk with Aaron Sorkin on April 24!
- Two tickets to the new comedy musical TOOTSIE on Broadway this April!
- Win a 10-class series to Steps on Broadway plus Steps swag!
- Attend the opening night of INK on Broadway, on April 24, 2019, and have dinner at Orso!
- Two tickets to any Main Stage show in the 2019 WILLIAMSTOWN THEATRE FESTIVAL
- See Ain't Too Proud and meet one of its stars, Jeremy Pope; plus win a meal at Sardis!
Our annual spring fundraiser is underway with lots of exciting theater prizes for you to check out!
The 2019 Spring Auction will run from March 19, 2019 to March 27, 2019, with proceeds going to The Drama League.
Our spring auction typically focuses on exciting theater experiences, so this is a great place to come for unique opportunities to gift to yourself or someone special!
So, tell your friends, family, community. Let the bidding begin!
- - - - - - - -
Want more access to insider theater experiences? Come join us at the 2019 Drama League Awards on May 17, 2019! Read more about the event and buy tickets on our website.
Make Your Bid to Support The Drama League!
Now is your chance to not only get all the great items you want, but to do it knowing you are helping support our organization and mission.
THE DRAMA LEAGUE'S MISSION
The Drama League advances the American theater by providing a life-long artistic home for directors and a platform for dialogue with, and between, audiences.
HOW WE ACCOMPLISH OUR MISSION
Here are a few of the programs that The Drama League offers in order to realize our mission:
Fellowships - we offer six different fellowship opportunities, each with a different focus area. These are intended to equip directors with the tools to advance their careers, hone their artistry, and elevate their work to the next level of their professional development. Each Fellowship has a clearly-defined area of focus that offers industry-leading opportunities for training, network development, mentorship, production experience, and creative growth.
Residencies - this program provides opportunities for theater directors and their collaborators to develop new plays, musicals, performance pieces, and hybrid works. The residencies offer financial support, artistic mentorship, rehearsal space, and a supportive creative community.
Master Workshops - we offers directors, collaborating artists, and audiences a range of classes, intensives and workshops designed to augment working artists' skill sets and enrich personal creativity for all.
New Visions/New Voices - this rigorous after-school theatre training program for New York City metropolitan area high school students is the only after-school program in the nation to exclusively focus on the techniques of stage direction as the lens into exploration. The program empowers students with creative skills, personal agency and leadership techniques to discover, trust, speak and amplify their personal voice and vision. Working with professional actors and directors as teachers, the learning in New Vision/New Voices can spark a future career interest in theatre, the creative industries, or non-artistic professions -- law, medicine, marketing, politics, science, and more -- where the tools are directly applicable and essential.
At The Drama League, our Core Values inform and guide our service to the theater, its audiences, and the world. We strive to bring these Values into daily practice, ensuring our culture remains relevant and accessible. As such:
- We position creativity as a powerful engine for change.
- We embrace artistic risk-taking, innovation and surprise — mistakes inspire solutions.
- We insist on the conditions for artists and audiences to engage with thoughtfulness, care, openness, and empathy.
- We strive to communicate openly and honestly, and expect others to do so as well.
- We actively foster and advance an equitable, inclusive, and diverse environment in our programs and on our team.
- We seek to inspire through service, give our best every day, and create opportunity for everyone to engage, learn, and grow.
Visit us online at dramaleague.org to learn more about our program and initiatives, or come see us at our Theater Center in Tribeca NYC!
Highlights from the 2019 Spring Auction prizes: